Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

As I have cared for all my cars, this will be no different. Well, only difference is it's time for a very nice, proper, sports car!
I have sold most of my collection of cars (3000GT VR4, 3000GT SL, Eclipse, Mustang) so cash is in hand and now I'm on the hunt for a nice Esprit V8.
Love the style, power and overall reviews I have read. Found a few locally but color sets off the Eye Candy Meter!

Wants (no Needs, maybe Desires is more fitting):

-95 S4S, Modified 05/2020, (Thanks to Tim and his damn YouTube Video!) White preferred, but Silver too!
-98-01, Love the block style tail lamps, White preferred, but Silver or Yellow OK. (love the yellow piping!)
-Black interior only
-Service history would be nice.
-under 40k miles preferred
-Body and glass roof huge plus!

Been looking nationwide, so a pre-purchase inspection is needed unless you're in the Northeast (NJ area).

I have repeatedly searched the normal platforms: Hemmings, CarFax, Autotrader, Car Gurus, Bring-A-Trailer, eBay, even chased down a rabbit hole a few times.
(Hint: Avoid the Nigerian scammers with $16K Lotus Esprits!), All for nought!

I know it will be time before I find "the one" (on wife #2, so I know waiting is part of life) but if you have a lead or are tired of looking at your car and want to chat with a guy who will take care of your baby once it passes thru your hands, I'm that guy!

Thanks,
Edd
(Nine Ohhh Eight) 6one9-Seven2Four2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Couple of things:
If you are in Northern NJ then reach out to Ralph at RS Motorsports. He may have a lead on a client that may be ready to move on and you'll know its been cared for.
Is your heart set on a V8? There is little performance that an average Joe would be able to squeeze out of a V8 that could not be done in a late 4 cyl. And the ergonomics are identical.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you! Voice Mail left today, and since I am a newbie to the Lotus community, I also appreciate the info on the later model V4's. I was led to believe they were more troublesome from my reading/research but it that is not the case, open to it as well!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
March 2020 Update, Still in the market. Just back from Ohio seeing a Beautiful 98 Silver Esprit but no deal. Close but seller was right to keep it in his collection!
So, my quest continues, it you have a lead, please feel free to pass the info along. I have learn quite a bit from member input and hope soon to become a proud Esprit owner!

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Sold my '03 to ASG in Miami last August. It was essentially perfect at the time, and they apparently refinished the minor wheel damage and dyed the seat bolster wear which was just beginning.

Aside from being the wrong year, this is an awesome Esprit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A
Sold my '03 to ASG in Miami last August. It was essentially perfect at the time, and they apparently refinished the minor wheel damage and dyed the seat bolster wear which was just beginning.

Aside from being the wrong year, this is an awesome Esprit.

Good luck!

Awesome car indeed!! Thanks for the reply! Always appreciate an eye out for me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi:

Was told by the "community" that they have overheating issues. BUT....if there is a well cared for one the options are always open. I found a few "nice" ones but the maintenance is always the top most priority. Ralph gets the final say as he has already saved me a few times from pulling the trigger.

Seems the priority now is White (I hear impossible to find), Silver and then Yellow.
Black interior.

Still open and looking.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My white 97 used to overheat when I first got it....in Florida, when it was 95 outside, stopped at a light for long time....not these days after throwing lots of $ at it.... like I cared about that. I'll find out the hard way if it does any more but I'm still trying to avoid stop lights

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My initial WTB request has now ended.
After 8 months on the hunt, my prey has been obtained and I am no longer a WTB forum member....
I am a Lotus Esprit owner!

This thread can be closed with the successful delivery of a White, 1993.5 Lotus Esprit delivered safely from Canada to New Jersey. In fact, the only white Esprit imported into Canada that year!

It has gone south the states to live a very well cared for life of car shows, nice day road trips and leaving behind many jaw dropping faces along the way! Best of luck to those still searching, Dreams can come true!

·
Administrator
1,558 Posts
Congrats on your Esprit! Beautiful!

Reactions: funrudy

·
Administrator
1,558 Posts
closed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.