The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

As I have cared for all my cars, this will be no different. Well, only difference is it's time for a very nice, proper, sports car!
I have sold most of my collection of cars (3000GT VR4, 3000GT SL, Eclipse, Mustang) so cash is in hand and now I'm on the hunt for a nice Esprit V8.
Love the style, power and overall reviews I have read. Found a few locally but color sets off the Eye Candy Meter!

Wants (no Needs, maybe Desires is more fitting):

-98-01, Love the block style tail lamps, White preferred, but Silver or Yellow OK. (love the yellow piping!)
-Black interior only
-Service history would be nice.
-under 40k miles preferred
-Body and glass roof huge plus!

Been looking nationwide, so a pre-purchase inspection is needed unless you're in the Northeast (NJ area).

I have repeatedly searched the normal platforms: Hemmings, CarFax, Autotrader, Car Gurus, Bring-A-Trailer, eBay, even chased down a rabbit hole a few times.
(Hint: Avoid the Nigerian scammers with $16K Lotus Esprits!), All for nought!

I know it will be time before I find "the one" (on wife #2, so I know waiting is part of life) but if you have a lead or are tired of looking at your car and want to chat with a guy who will take care of your baby once it passes thru your hands, I'm that guy!

Thanks,
Edd
(Nine Ohhh Eight) 6one9-Seven2Four2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Couple of things:
If you are in Northern NJ then reach out to Ralph at RS Motorsports. He may have a lead on a client that may be ready to move on and you'll know its been cared for.
Is your heart set on a V8? There is little performance that an average Joe would be able to squeeze out of a V8 that could not be done in a late 4 cyl. And the ergonomics are identical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you! Voice Mail left today, and since I am a newbie to the Lotus community, I also appreciate the info on the later model V4's. I was led to believe they were more troublesome from my reading/research but it that is not the case, open to it as well!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts