I would like to get some opinions + options on aero parts for the exige s

i currently have difflow 5 element railer diffuser
looking to get more aero

let me know when you have

thanks

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I run what I consider to be a full aero package - not sure what, if anything else I could add. I have:

APR carbon canards
Sector111 Carbon Exige splitter (there are definitely better splitters, the APR is probably my fav)
Sector111 RaceSills (MPR makes them)
BOE undercar aero (new shear panel and diffuser)
APR GTC-200 adjustable rear wing (my favorite visual addition)

While I don't have A->B data from my Traqmate (as I installed all the aero at once) the difference is definitely noticeable. I'm able to sustain about 1.4G and pull 1.7G max in some high speed sweeper corners. The aero combined with my suspension setup and a set of slicks makes my car rather amazing. I can do things in it that no other street car, and many race cars can't.

Realize that once you add this much aero you'll start having other issues - for example my suspension is clearly under-sprung now given all the grip I'm getting from tires, setup and aero.

Here's a picture of my current setup

2012-05-06 16.46.49 (Small).jpg

I acquired the pieces from different places, the canards/wing I got from NOPI (new sponsor here), the sills and splitter from Sector111 and the diffuser/underaero from BOE (but your Difflow is probably just fine).

-Ross

·
3,201 Posts
I want to say it was about $900 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I want to say it was about $900 when I bought mine.
Thanks, a bit more pricey but I do like how the AOA is more aggressive & the aeroplates that Difflow/NCI offers is now integrated. Interesting how the NACA ducts have been deleted.

I wonder if the rear panel delete is different from what is included with the tilting clam kit?

·
3,201 Posts
Thanks, a bit more pricey but I do like how the AOA is more aggressive & the aeroplates that Difflow/NCI offers is now integrated. Interesting how the NACA ducts have been deleted.

I wonder if the rear panel delete is different from what is included with the tilting clam kit?
99% sure it's the same as a friend has the same package/delete and has the BOE clam hinge. Should have mentioned that the BOE kit includes the rear delete...

·
Registered
913 Posts
99% sure it's the same as a friend has the same package/delete and has the BOE clam hinge. Should have mentioned that the BOE kit includes the rear delete...
Yeah, I realized that - would end up with 2 if I decided to change my Difflow later on.

So its a top & bottom piece rear panel delete kit right? Where the top piece mounts directly to the frame instead of to the clam? How does the bottom piece structurally reinforce itself to the clam/frame?

·
3,201 Posts
The good thing is it would be easy/quick to sell the extra one...

·
3,201 Posts
bump
still looking for more aero
Not sure what more you're looking for as I have pretty much all the options laid out in my first response.

Wing, check
Skirts, check
Canards, check
Diffuser, check

Not sure what other aero you'd add. There are several wing and diffuser options, a few different skirts but I think I've only ever seen the APR canards.

I also wrapped most of the aero in red to highlight it a bit - maybe this will help

2012-09-09 19.07.46 (Small).jpg

2012-09-09 19.07.56 (Small).jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts