The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is going to be stored and I would like a set of rims/tires to throw on the car just for storage. I dont care if they are scratches, tires are bald, as long as they are cheap and will fit on my Exige. Would like shipping to 89048

Feel free to post or PM.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Have you looked for non-Lotus 4x100 wheels at a wrecker? Loads of cars use that bolt pattern, just need to find wheels that will clear the brakes.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Miata wheels should fit. I will test one of mine and if they fit my elise I can sell you 4 miata wheels for cheap.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was going to get cheap rim and tires so I can use these, I would like to be able to push the car into the back corner of the garage so its not in the way when im not using it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Miata wheels should fit. I will test one of mine and if they fit my elise I can sell you 4 miata wheels for cheap.
Miata wheels will fit, but they will foul the front brake calipers.

I have been storing my Elise during the winter on compact spares from a '98 VW Jetta (set of four with tires $100 from the local junkyard) as shown in this post: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/546446-post9.html They also foul the calipers, but I don't care because I then place the car on the roller dollies as shown above. The good thing about the compact spares is they are light weight and take up almost no room in the corner of my garage so they are easy to store when not in use.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Oh no way, I never knew someone had tire off the car wheelstands. A friend and I had designed a set (he has a CNC plasma cutter) but we were working on trying to get the cost down, as they were more involved than the ones shown.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cory,

I've got a new set of tires on the way, you're welcome to my old set if you find rims.

Jeremy

·
Registered
539 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts