The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 elise and am looking for the factory foam insulation that goes behind the rear panel and rear speakers. Bought my car used and it must have been removed. Shipping or pickup near 78748 Austin, TX

Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
You might want to look into just using a sound deadening material instead. My guess is it will be cheaper and it works far better, plus it is a bit lighter.. I just pulled my foam out, and covered the whole area with a layer of RAAMat and Ensolite from RAAMaudio - Automotive sound deadening products. I've very happy with the results.

I'd sell you my liner but it has chunks removed from where we installed an AEM EMS, plus given it's size shipping would be a pain.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used some dynamat extreme.. not alot just square/rectangle cutouts for a few areas to reduce sound/vibration. I just figured the oem foam would help to even further reduce noise as it will fill in and insulate the open volume behind there..

bump still looking!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've got, but it's in three pieces.

I used some dynamat extreme.. not alot just square/rectangle cutouts for a few areas to reduce sound/vibration. I just figured the oem foam would help to even further reduce noise as it will fill in and insulate the open volume behind there..

bump still looking!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
+1 for some aftermarket sound deadening. Buy a roll of it and do the whole car. Should be cheaper and much for effective.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have the aftermarket stick-on, plus the factory foam. I've forgotten to install the factory foam before, and honestly couldn't tell the difference. I reinstalled it later only because it was taking up space in my garage, and I felt bad throwing it away.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Nice, mine is in 2 pieces now, If I get rid of that I could hide my amp in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts