The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
at least try the shifter mod, worth a shot and a lot cheaper. i think with the bollock shift knob makes a nice difference

·
Registered
222 Posts
i've heard the B&M kit doesnt make a huge difference. Re-enforcer + shifter mod + fluid change = a complete transformation.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Bavarian I can't believe these people keep ignoring the point of your desire. Shorter shifter throws. Although the various shifter reinforcing mods and fluid change do improve shifting quality, they of course don't actually make the throw any shorter.

You can go for the B&M or you can roll your own.

Personally I don't know why people think a shorter throw is better. You loose leverage and control sensitivity. Seriously; hold your hand up in front of your face. Move it as fast as you can and stop it again in six inches of distance. Now do the same thing over twelve inches of distance. Do your really think it took twice as long?

xtn

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have the B&M and the throws aren't noticeably shorter. To keep the stock tunnel and get shorter throws, I think the levers on the transmission need to be shorter. I haven't heard of anyone offering these (yet).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts