The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I want is an Elise...I'm very flexible on color (anything but purple, orange or striped), don't care on interior color, I'll put up with higher mileage and I'm not expecting any particular options. I assume my price will limit me to an 05 model and that's fine. A hardtop would be nice, but I know my budget is low so my expectations match. Again, all I want is an Elise in good shape. I live in East TN but will fly to pick up the right car. PM me please with any cars you have for sale. Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
All I want is an Elise...I'm very flexible on color (anything but purple, orange or striped), don't care on interior color, I'll put up with higher mileage and I'm not expecting any particular options. I assume my price will limit me to an 05 model and that's fine. A hardtop would be nice, but I know my budget is low so my expectations match. Again, all I want is an Elise in good shape. I live in East TN but will fly to pick up the right car. PM me please with any cars you have for sale. Thanks,
Will
People looking for cars here want to buy them as cheaply as they can, people who sell their cars here want to get as much as they can for them.

Did you check cars.com? There are two on their w/asking prices under $30K. One claims to have only 13K miles with a few scratches 'touched up' and the other has 37K miles.

There is also the green one that's been at a dealer I think in Atlanta for awhile that's about $27K that has 77K miles on it.

The market for the 05's seems to be settling a bit, not free falling like it was. You seem to have realistic expectations re mileage and options (or lack of) that <$30K will get you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help. I know my price ceiling is on the low side, but I'm not trying to lowball anyone or throw out insulting offers on cars that are clearly worth more than I'm willing to pay. If someone has a car at my price, cool; if not, my feelings won't be hurt. I believe the green car of which you speak sold on Saturday (or at least one like that was on ebay), but I'll check out cars.com.

·
Registered
485 Posts
you should not have a trouble finding an 05 in that range. Wait till the fall/winter and that is usually when more cars are on sale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts