The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this part from lotusgarage.com and what showed up was definitely not stock. I won't get into the details, but I did not get what I needed from them. See the attached image, item #10. I only need the drivers side piece in black. I'm crossing all my fingers hoping someone can help me out with this. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I wish you luck. Today I was just wondering where to find the same stuff. I am interested in using it to cover some of the sharp fiberglass edges around the engine compartment. I looked at the trim on the diffuser thinking that's what I need, but perhaps just a bit thicker...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just door edge trim. Pick it up at Napa or O'reillys... they come in many sizes and lengths.
well ive never heard of O'reillys (i live in NY), but i suppose i could check out Napa. I've never seen something like this at an auto parts store before though (not that ive been looking for it)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Check with your local dealer. That's where I got mine. The one I ordered from lotusgarage was not enough, only 1 meter long. I'll check if I have any left when I get home.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check with your local dealer. That's where I got mine. The one I ordered from lotusgarage was not enough, only 1 meter long. I'll check if I have any left when I get home.

Thanks! I would REALLY appreciate it. I think the closest dealer to where I live is about 5-6 hours away :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It can be very expensive. I use it with my Challenger Grills. I don't have a whole bunch right now or else I'd sell you some. If I get a couple orders soon, I'll make another bulk purchase and you'll be in business.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It can be very expensive. I use it with my Challenger Grills. I don't have a whole bunch right now or else I'd sell you some. If I get a couple orders soon, I'll make another bulk purchase and you'll be in business.
i only need a few feet of it. just enough to fit the left side of the diffuser... are you sure you don't want to sell me any? :D

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
It's just door edge trim. Pick it up at Napa or O'reillys... they come in many sizes and lengths.
+1. Napa or Autozone has this stuff. Its nothing special.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
hmmm... ok. ill have to check out Napa
If you can bring them a sample or show them what you need I bet the parts guy can order up the part.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :up:

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
You can also split screen spline. It is the stuff that holds a screen into the frame. Available at Lowe's/Home Depot, etc. It is not exactly the same but works.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts