The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm looking to buy a carbon fiber front splitter for my 2004 Exige. The only one I have been able to find is on ebay for US$325. The only problem is that it's fiberglass lay over carbon filger sheets, and i'd much prefer a full carbon fiber splitter.
Does any one know where I can get a hold of one, and possibly at an affordable price?
I hit a kangaroo on the way home from work the other week, which completely destroyed my splitter :( and figured it would be just as easy to upgrade to a cf splitter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shan.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would talk to Lee at simply sports cars (Simply Sports Car - Lotus - Home) in NSW.

He can do a simple black splitter for the elise or exige. Cheaper than what I have found on ebay - about $250+ AUD or something. You can then treat them almost as disposable.

Save the money for the CF top IMHO.

I don't know if that really helps - but I thought I'd add my 2c.

SM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks singlemalt! I have had such a hard time finding anything here in Oz. Although I might ask him if he can do a deal for a carbon fiber splitter.

Wait, the kangaroo destroyed your splitter, but not your clam? Was it a very small kangaroo?
Yeah it was a small roo apk919. Fortunately it also already road kill when I hit it, otherwise I would have been in alot of trouble! The clam's ok. I'm going to have to repaint it though. Plus I need to replace some of the undertray bolts that got ripped out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote from Stu @ Simply Sports Cars: Front splitter exige - replacement costs. - Aussie Elises Forums

"We make both elise and exige splitters either finished in black, we can also do a carbon lip on the elise one.

Exige $255 (GRP Black)
Elise $325 (GRP Black)
Elsie $385 (Carbon lip)
All plus GST.

If anyone is interested give me a call on 0413359918.

Cheers
Stu "

Thanks singlemalt! I have had such a hard time finding anything here in Oz. Although I might ask him if he can do a deal for a carbon fiber splitter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts