The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't realize the center caps differed on the LSS v. Standard wheels. Figured I'd check here before using Lotus Car Garage. 3 of the LSS center caps fit fine, but the LR is very loose. Had to apply a layer of electrical tape to ensure snug fit. Would obviously heat and come off at a track event.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump! Bump!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know a good cheap source for these Center caps. I was surprised to find the flush caps more expensive than the raised ones on the LSS wheels. Are the fitments different? Any other options or what diameter center cap is needed if I outsourced for the parts?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never took them off on my LSS wheels at the track and Didn't know I had to? Actually are the 2 styles of center cap interchangeable, or is the fit of the LSS type wheel center caps slightly different? On my vehicle, the LSS wheels fit 3/4 wheels fine, but seems loose on the LR so for now I applied a layer of electrical tape around tabs to improve hold. I know that would soften under the heat of track use, but I figured on the street it would be OK till I got proper center caps.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yes, they will come off on track when the tape heats up. I lost two at CMP last weekend. Of course it had to be due to increased driving skills with resultant harder braking and cornering loads ;)
I have Rota Slipstreams and a wide double sided tape. It had pretty well disintegrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts