The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Just looking for 1 or couple of centre caps. Let me know if you have spreads. rotfl
Should mention the kind you need, there are two styles. One is flush with the wheel, the other stands out from the wheel a half inch or more.

The taller one will work on any car. The flush ones won't.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should mention the kind you need, there are two styles. One is flush with the wheel, the other stands out from the wheel a half inch or more.

The taller one will work on any car. The flush ones won't.
The taller one. I thought only the taller one came with LSS wheels.

FYI: They are around $10 at a dealer.
Which dealer? Only Stealerships around here for lotus parts. Help me to get couples of them there. :)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
FYI: They are around $10 at a dealer.
Which dealer? Last time I ordered one stupid thing was like $40. And then it was a totally different color. Which I ended up making black and orange emblems to cover them up anyway.

At $10 each I'll buy 10 extra just to have around and so I can sell custom centers.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
The taller one. I thought only the taller one came with LSS wheels.
Nope, my Exige S came with flush, I had an Elise w/Sport that came with tall.

It has to do with the mounting hubs on the car, nothing to do with the wheels.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You can order the part at lotusgarage.com for about 13 bucks. They seem to be stock OEM replacements, I got 4 new ones about a month ago because mine were faded.

lotusgarage.com
I bought four for around $45 with tax two years ago at Criswell, but I think Lotus Garage is about the same on most parts as is my dealer, so $13 each given inflation seems about right.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, I am a bit confused on which one is the right one on the lotus garage. I am look for the taller OEM one that stands out for like 1/2 inch with the yellow lotus logo. Should it be the 05 shown on the link below? Are those exactly the same as the OEM wheel caps? Thanks!:)

Lotus Garage - Wheels, Tires & Valves

05 Wheel Centre Cover, Lotus logo
Or
05a Wheel Centre Cover Flush, Lotus logo

Those are not the ones that go on the LSS wheels. Turtle, you can PM me if your still looking for them
Yes, I am still looking for one. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Now, I am a bit confused on which one is the right one on the lotus garage. I am look for the taller OEM one that stands out for like 1/2 inch with the yellow lotus logo. Should it be the 05 shown on the link below? Are those exactly the same as the OEM wheel caps? Thanks!:)

Lotus Garage - Wheels, Tires & Valves

05 Wheel Centre Cover, Lotus logo
Or
05a Wheel Centre Cover Flush, Lotus logo
Yes, I am still looking for one. :)[/QUOTE

The lotusgarage part is on the left, my original part is on the right. It is the part labeled "05 Wheel Centre Cover, Lotus Logo

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...&th=12299822d997fbf4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...&th=12299847dcb7fc88&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

·
Registered
719 Posts
This is the Lotus Center Cap that goes on the LSS Wheels. I believe this is the one Turtle is looking for and it is not shown on LotusGarage.com because none of those wheels in the diagram are LSS wheels.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
This is the Lotus Center Cap that goes on the LSS Wheels. I believe this is the one Turtle is looking for and it is not shown on LotusGarage.com because none of those wheels in the diagram are LSS wheels.

It's ONE of the ones that goes on the LSS wheels.

Some came with flush center caps...some came with the taller center caps. Which had NOTHING to do with the wheels, but with the wheel hubs on the car...one required the taller caps. Some cars need/needed the taller caps, others don't. It's not a wheel specific thing. I've owned cars with LSS...two needed the taller caps, two came with the flush.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is exactly what I have. Does lotus garage sell these at all? Anyone has a spread/used one wants to get rid of? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts