The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in MR2s, and a Corvette nut for life, but I find the lotus admirable in looks and handling. I'm in college, and love to race, and it was between a C5 or Elise, and as much as I like vettes everyone and there brother here has one. 26k is the MOST I can spend. I can travel about anywhere for the car. If you have a wrecked one, even better. Someone needs to make this college dream come true :)

I'm in the OKC/Dallas area (go to OU, from Dallas). Pre approved for a loan, but also paying for college as I go, and can put a substantial amount down.

Please let me know what you've got or have found!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do that to yourself.

You should be able to find a high mileage 05 for a bit more than that, but might be able to talk the seller down.
There is one with abut 30k miles in dallas with the katana super charger, but they are wanting 29. What is high mileage to a lotus (as far as car going towards mechanical failure, not what is average for them)

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
There is one with abut 30k miles in dallas with the katana super charger, but they are wanting 29. What is high mileage to a lotus (as far as car going towards mechanical failure, not what is average for them)
There is no high mileage for the Elise from your perspective - one owner on here has done in excess of 100k miles with just standard maintenance.

In terms of whether or not get one though read a few posts in here Hi, I am new here - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - there have been many threads on having a Lotus while in college too (like this one - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/reliabilty-lotus-dd-college-kid-68640/).

I recommend some light reading and wish you all the best :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There is no high mileage for the Elise from your perspective - one owner on here has done in excess of 100k miles with just standard maintenance.

In terms of whether or not get one though read a few posts in here Hi, I am new here - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - there have been many threads on having a Lotus while in college too (like this one - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/reliabilty-lotus-dd-college-kid-68640/).

I recommend some light reading and wish you all the best :)
Thanks a lot. Reading about cars is all I do all day, I'm an engineering student :)

Also, it's not my DD. Well it will probably be a DD as it gets better gas mileage, I have an 07 tundra crewmax limited that's paid off so if it goes down I still have wheels. Also I have a two car garage with a hydraulic lift. And full insurance coverage :) While in college I've made some decent investments before everything went to hell, so I'm not effected quite as heavily by payments.

Then again I had a 94 vette in highschool, and have had an ls1 in a k5 blazer, so corvettes are second nature... But the mr2 and 4runner I had... Toyota motor or Chevy :(

This will also be tracked, I actually thought about getting a miata for SCCA, but I'd have to buy a covered trailer for the thing so no one but other track enthusiasts knew I had one :(. A buddy of mine used to have a C5 z06, about to go up to a c6, and I'd like something that could at least keep up on the twisties, and I've always been a fan of the lotus suspension (first gen mr2, for example).

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Engineering is good :up: - having your own lift is even better!!

Good hunting - I'm sure you will find one in your price range :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've been scanning craigslist, and the used car market as bottomed out bad. I've never seen vettes and carreras go for so cheap. The lotus is selling where it was post october but everything else is a brick. 02 m3 36k miles for 18k, one with fewer miles and nav for 20k, what gives? I mean beamers are a heavier car but it's still capable of 170, while having a fairly decent interior.

·
Registered
933 Posts
We can make something happen, We are always looking to upgrade to an exige.

2005, 35K, a few bumps on the record ( parking accidents ) my car must be invisible.

Sorry, only picture i have with the wheels that it comes with.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have an 06 with 11K I might let go of but nowhere near 26. I'm in Dallas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We can make something happen, We are always looking to upgrade to an exige.

2005, 35K, a few bumps on the record ( parking accidents ) my car must be invisible.

Sorry, only picture i have with the wheels that it comes with.

Two red hashmarks? Reminds me a lot of a grandsport.... Decent looking jeep by the way, lol. Those on rockwells? I'm building up a cj7 on 1 tons and 40's to sell for some extra $$ for the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts