The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping build a track only 05 Elise as a non body naked exo-skeleton toy. Rather than repair front damage to our car I would like to buy a good or less damaged chassis. Please email me photos/info to [email protected] Sean Castner.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'm helping build a track only 05 Elise as a non body naked exo-skeleton toy. Rather than repair front damage to our car I would like to buy a good or less damaged chassis. Please email me photos/info to [email protected] Sean Castner.
Maybe look at the two threads already active with a chassis for sale?

San

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, we are trying to find the orange resin used to bond the chassis together, any info on this product, were to get, other products we can use. thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi, we are trying to find the orange resin used to bond the chassis together, any info on this product, were to get, other products we can use. thanks
dow automotive makes the orange epoxy its about 250 dollars a tube a local body shop has used it. I not sure whether a private individual not associated with a business can buy it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE I bought a perfect Chassis and am at staring stages of a complete ground up project. Through this forum another member had a chassis for sale and nobody bought it before he moved to Hawaii. Someone hacked his thread took all his info and tried to scam me with his for sale post & photos. Very clever not off shore poor English etc.. After pm here and a bit of time before he responded he confirmed it was a scam and had legitimately moved to HI with his chassis. 2 weeks later my work flew me to HI we had coffee and deposit was given for delivery to be made 8 months down the road. That was 9 months ago now. Unfortunately the original arrangements started to fall apart but seller stepped up 110% offered refund or to work with me. He built a perfect crate ate a large portion of the asking price and I bellied up additional funds to make this come through and now have 90% of everything needed for what will be a very unique project (I'm not the only person involved just the public gatherer of parts and ideas for a group effort project).

I am now currently looking for complete drivers side rocker panel and hip (quarter panel if you prefer that term). I would take passenger side as well.

Scope of the project is ground up build of a center mounted single seat Elise in race trim. Yes I'm aware of the 211 versions here in Oregon and have a lot of information from original owner. Does anyone have any archived DIY threads? I've seen another on line.

This vehicle will live and play with my Miata based Exocet kit car.

Sean Castner [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.