The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I am about to take the plunge on a Lotus. I am pulling the trigger on either a used '07 Elise with 5k miles (about 40k), or a new '07 Exige S (mid 50s). I'm new to the Elise and Exige and am thinking I might want to get into the car without going full guns on an 07 Exige S. I will probably run 2-3 track events a year, but won't do any mods unless I really fall for the car.

Before its too late, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if anyone had anything in the central Virginia area they are interested in parting with. If you are more than an hour or two away and would consider delivering the vehicle, I'm open to that as well. I don't mind travel, but I am swamped with work as of late!

Anyway, if you are looking to sell a clean Exige or Elise in the area for under $40k, drop me a PM or an email. Thanks!

D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You get can a brand new 07 Exige S for less then 50k....dont pay mid 50's for one...

Hey folks. I am about to take the plunge on a Lotus. I am pulling the trigger on either a used '07 Elise with 5k miles (about 40k), or a new '07 Exige S (mid 50s). I'm new to the Elise and Exige and am thinking I might want to get into the car without going full guns on an 07 Exige S. I will probably run 2-3 track events a year, but won't do any mods unless I really fall for the car.

Before its too late, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if anyone had anything in the central Virginia area they are interested in parting with. If you are more than an hour or two away and would consider delivering the vehicle, I'm open to that as well. I don't mind travel, but I am swamped with work as of late!

Anyway, if you are looking to sell a clean Exige or Elise in the area for under $40k, drop me a PM or an email. Thanks!

D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get can a brand new 07 Exige S for less then 50k....dont pay mid 50's for one...
That's what I've been reading. Not sure what the deal is with that, but I will put in a "crazy" offer. I would buy one in a heartbeat in the upper 40s. The sticker on this one is around 63, but its an '07 and I'm sure there are more 240s on the way. OK... If anyone has a new Exige S for sale in the upper 40s, bring it on!

Thanks for the reality check,

D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Don't be afraid to call dealers around the country. Oftentimes a dealer will offer a great deal to a guy 500 miles away because he knows it is a take it or leave it type of thing.

Make them include delivery in any price.

Good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Awesome advice and much appreciated. I will do some surfing and phoning and see what's out there. Any private parties interested in selling are encouraged to drop me a line as well. More to come...

·
Registered
485 Posts
These 07 Exige S prices really make the 08 Elise SC a hard sell. I think the price of the Elise SC has to come down for dealers to move them.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
There are a lot of people who like the look over the elise though, so thats gotta help a little. Personally, I like the look of the Exige better, but the lack of rear view is an issue for some people.

These 07 Exige S prices really make the 08 Elise SC a hard sell. I think the price of the Elise SC has to come down for dealers to move them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts