The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it worked for offroadr35 so I'll give it a try too.

I want my Elise now. Call me impatient, but I don't have much faith in getting my wait-list spot by 1st quarter so I will pay a bit more to get it now.

Ideally I would like a CO car with LSS only but I understand I will have to be open to other colors/options.

So if anyone knows of a car let me know. I don't feel like working out the logistics of buying a car in NY so a California dealer would be perfect.

BTW, does anyone know what's involved in buying a new car out of state? Do we register the car back here in CA and pay the sales tax then or what? And is there any problem with bringing a brand new out-of-state car here for registration?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
it's super easy to buy a new car out of state. you do all the tax and registration stuff in CA. it's really not a big deal...just will add some cost because of shipping.

I called almost every dealer in the country. To the best of my knowledge, the two cars at manhattan motors and whatever Huntingridge has are the only cars available right now.

Good luck,
Steve

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Some dealer is selling their Saffron demo car...there's a thread in the Rumors & News section about this.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies.

those prices from denver are a bit more than I'm willing to pay. I don't want to pay more than 5K over. I would have jumped on offroadr's deal!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
AutoEurope has a beautiful Magnetic Blue car for over. No LSS though. I dropped the check for my 2nd (non-refundable) deposit in the mail 15 minutes ago...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
noted that FOD prices have been removed from the site. sell em?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I think that with the prices posted they didn't get inquiries since you can find them for $5k in other places,

For what the description read, they bought those at a premium themselves so it seems like now they are stuck with them.

Removing the price might help them get inquiries about those two cars and once they have you on the phone they'll do their job, to try to sell them at that higher price.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i would be interested in the gray if they really start feeling stuck

·
Registered
645 Posts
NMRJock said:
AutoEurope has a beautiful Magnetic Blue car for over. No LSS though. I dropped the check for my 2nd (non-refundable) deposit in the mail 15 minutes ago...
That one's mine! :)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
KuroiSport said:
That one's mine! :)
Did you get it? I just talked to Aaron yesterday and he said it was still available.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Just finalized the price and am going to send the check!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
KuroiSport said:
Just finalized the price and am going to send the check!
Congratulations! It is really a beautiful car. It's what changed AF-NCO and I to magnetic blue in the 11th hour.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just to update:

I've purchased a car from Huntingridge Motors.

I've sent the check and will have it shipped out sometime next week.

thanks for the leads.

mark starr at HRM is easy to deal with and a gentleman. I don't know how many more cars he may have available soon, but if you're in the market for an elise (and willing to pay a little over msrp) then give him a call.

:clap:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great! Good luck too. I have to wait another 50 days or so to get mine over here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts