The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I bought my 2005 Elise and it came missing the diffuser. Hoping to buy someone's black OEM. I don't want the steel colored one.

Also want to make sure the OEM will sit flush with this aero kit pictured on the orange one. Seems like the OEM diffuser might supersede and take the place of the aero kit. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see side skirts on the Chrome Orange Elise, but I don't see any aero on the back end of that Elise. The back has an OEM black diffuser and the OEM rear panel (sides are metal mesh and the center is the license plate holder). If you are missing the diffuser, then you need: (5) clips and bolts for the front of the diffuser, the (2) side brackets and bolts that mount behind the rear tires, and then either (1) rear panel and hardware OR (1) panel delete/license plate bracket with bolts (Lotus Rear License Plate Bracket - Blackwatch Racing, Lotus Performance Parts).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ArizonaExige, thanks for staying with me on this... Moving our DM's here in case others have input. I know this is confusing because something is off...

All the photos I've linked below were taken at the same time by the seller, so while I have the diffuser scoops, I'm definitely missing a panel. Here are some better photos I pulled off the seller's site.

Clearly we've established I have some external facing part of the diffuser:

But here, you'll see the middle panel isn't bolted onto anything, it's just hanging there, and in between the wheel and the exhaust tips we see the diffuser scoop again. Given that yours in all one piece I'm beginning to think mine is aftermarket and just missing the flat panel to connect my middle panel with the piece of metal that makes up the right/left scoops the part in-between.

Another pic showing I'm missing sheet metal between the middle panel and what would bolt onto the scoops that are bolted to the mesh/license plate holder.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
343 Posts
What strange is what I see on the car in the first photo isn't visible in the photos from under the car.

Where is the piece, shown with the yellow arrow below, in the photos from under the car?

Do you have the car back in your hands? If not, when will you? I'd take more photos showing what piece or pieces of the diffuser you have, as it should be one piece like the photo of my OEM black diffuser in my for sale thread.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
What strange is what I see on the car in the first photo isn't visible in the photos from under the car.

Where is the piece, shown with the yellow arrow below, in the photos from under the car?

View attachment 1258628

Do you have the car back in your hands? If not, when will you? I'd take more photos showing what piece or pieces of the diffuser you have, as it should be one piece like the photo of my OEM black diffuser in my for sale thread.
Agreed. No idea what that is.

San

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a better picture. Hope you guys can make sense of what part I have on there and what I need. Seems like just a flat plate rear undertray is missing. The OEM diffuser might not fit within the scoops that are already on the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont know what that is, but you should be able to take it off and install a full diffuser.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts