The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I realize the options matching my criteria will be pretty limited, but it's worth a shot. I'm looking into getting into another Elise or possibly an Evora ASAP. I sold my 2005 Elise about 2 years ago, which I purchased a year prior for $28.5k w/ 25k miles.

Anyways, I'm looking for an Elise or Evora with the following features:

• color: yellow, white or orange only
  • under $33k
  • clean title - might consider rebuilt, depending on car
  • low-ish miles
I'm looking to buy the right car ASAP. If you know of anything, please comment here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like S2 Elise values have gone up since I sold mine. I did find the one below, being sold private party.
Opinions?:

2005 Elise
  • Yellow/black
  • in South Carolina
  • 69k miles
  • Clean & clear title
  • 1 very minor accident on report (literally just a wheel scuff)
  • All stock
  • Hardtop & soft top
$28k, but can probably negotiate to ~$25k

·
Registered
442 Posts
Both tops good.. looks like no touring option (lightest)
Can't tell due to dark wheels if LSS option..
If legit... really good price!

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Whoa, looks like that thing has normal looking seats. I wonder what seats those are.

Any way they can prove the "minor" accident with pics?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, looks like that thing has normal looking seats. I wonder what seats those are.

Any way they can prove the "minor" accident with pics?
Here’s another picture of the seats - do they look like non-Lotus seats?

The seller sent me these pics of the police report & car:
C96ED6F7-EB26-4269-BBF0-6AE031E1F19A.jpeg
1A9698F3-7BA9-426E-8627-8A83B8D93CA0.jpeg
D210A092-5E3E-4183-B305-C2EDC25F0B85.jpeg
0EE9D6DA-AAFD-45C6-A9FB-911AFEAFDAFE.jpeg
E06C4BC2-121F-4028-8B16-4D97D9C56869.jpeg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually it looks like an OE seat reupholstered with added padding on the lower part. Hope you're not too tall as you will be sitting much higher up.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Actually it looks like an OE seat reupholstered with added padding on the lower part. Hope you're not too tall as you will be sitting much higher up.
You know Lotus has had so many options on seats it would not surprise me if it was an original base model seat. Those roll up windows denote was not a touring pack.. Depending on when it was made date wise..it may have only 1 oil cooler. Then if you put on the LSS pak (Slightly stiffer springs, bigger, lighter wheels up front and same size lighter wheel in rear).
If all that...then would tip the scales at @1955 lbs, about as light as your can get for an NA before going to Carbon Fiber!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright - forget my second post about the Elise I found. It just sold ☹
I’m still looking!

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
You know Lotus has had so many options on seats it would not surprise me if it was an original base model seat. Those roll up windows denote was not a touring pack.. Depending on when it was made date wise..it may have only 1 oil cooler. Then if you put on the LSS pak (Slightly stiffer springs, bigger, lighter wheels up front and same size lighter wheel in rear).
If all that...then would tip the scales at @1955 lbs, about as light as your can get for an NA before going to Carbon Fiber!
I'm at 1943 with 1/2 tank and REV300. The only carbon is splitter. There's lots of weight to be lost before having to go to carbon and my car doesn't even come close to exhausting all the possibilities.

Reactions: 6TVRs+

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm at 1943 with 1/2 tank and REV300. The only carbon is splitter. There's lots of weight to be lost before having to go to carbon and my car doesn't even come close to exhausting all the possibilities.
1 or 2 coolers?

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Two always blocked though since I don't track during the summers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts