The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I've been looking for another one for a while, but I'm picky about finding just the right one... not in a hurry, but definantly want to find another lotus!!!

Looking for low 30k range Elise, or possibly mid 30s if it has LSD and the right options, I don't care if the car is a 05 or an 06, I consider them the same

-Car MUST have starshield
-Paint condition must be top notch, this includes scratches and scrapes (under the front clam for instance)
-NO accidents, just having a clean title isn't gonna do it for me
-Touring pack and hardtop strongly desired... but may consider if not
-Would prefer no sports package, but will consider ones with
-Don't expect to recieve much money back for any mods on the car, but I will take them into consideration
-And don't really care if the car has low mileage or not, but not really looking for ones with over 15k

Lastly, you must be willing to take it to a lotus mechanic/dealership for a pre-purchase inspection. They'll look for any signs of former repair work, mechanical problems, enginge history, etc. I won't consider a car that doesn't have a proper PPI done, but willing to work with you on when you're available to do it.

I plan on autocrossing the car and taking it to the track every now and then so a history of that doesn't scare me, but if it has been a dedicated track car... not really interested, sorry

Other than that, things like servicing, tire/brake pad wear will be taken into consideration on the price I'd offer you, but I'll try to be fair. If you may be interested in having a discussion about your car, please let me know!

-Brian Turner

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm missing the group drives real bad, ugh
Too many lotus's with some history of damage! ewww.... :panic:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow I've been looking for another one for a while, but I'm picky about finding just the right one... not in a hurry, but definantly want to find another lotus!!!

Looking for low 30k range Elise, or possibly mid 30s if it has LSD and the right options, I don't care if the car is a 05 or an 06, I consider them the same

-Car MUST have starshield
-Paint condition must be top notch, this includes scratches and scrapes (under the front clam for instance)
-NO accidents, just having a clean title isn't gonna do it for me
-Touring pack and hardtop strongly desired... but may consider if not
-Would prefer no sports package, but will consider ones with
-Don't expect to recieve much money back for any mods on the car, but I will take them into consideration
-And don't really care if the car has low mileage or not, but not really looking for ones with over 15k

Lastly, you must be willing to take it to a lotus mechanic/dealership for a pre-purchase inspection. They'll look for any signs of former repair work, mechanical problems, enginge history, etc. I won't consider a car that doesn't have a proper PPI done, but willing to work with you on when you're available to do it.

I plan on autocrossing the car and taking it to the track every now and then so a history of that doesn't scare me, but if it has been a dedicated track car... not really interested, sorry

Other than that, things like servicing, tire/brake pad wear will be taken into consideration on the price I'd offer you, but I'll try to be fair. If you may be interested in having a discussion about your car, please let me know!

-Brian Turner
Brian, I will be putting my car up for sale in the beginning of June. Its a 2005 Graphite Gray/Red interior with sport(black exige wheels), touring, hardtop, and starshield. Its been in a cover in my garage for almost 3 weeks from today so technically I haven't seen it for a while. but I remember last I took it out for a ride I saw 7XXX on the odometer probably nearing the 8000 mark.

Not a scratch, none whatsoever except for a couple of knicks on the front starshield, probably three total. I even go as far as planning my trips ahead of time and if Im unfamiliar with the area or I know that there's bigass speed bumps or steep driveways I leave the Lotus at home and take the other car. I remember that someone posted about having damages on the front lip and that all Elise have it and thinking to myself "dude, speak for yourself, mine is mint".
I notice you prefer not to have the sport package, I wish I could help you there but the car comes with it(as ordered of course...), and no LSD for obvious reasons....
1000miles service at SVAG.
Air filter(Toyota), Motor oil(w/ AMSOIL 5-40), and ATF(RedLine) changed at 4000miles.
I have everything that came with the car. There's one more thing ,the only mod is swapping the stock battery for a Braille as a precautionary because the stock is known to leak acid (not a drop in my car, phewww....). That's it for now, I will put a officially add up sometime the beginning of June.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts