The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the car I want to be buried in, whether that’s in utopian 2021 when I wrap it around a tree or in distopian 2070 when I am arrested and hanged for “premillennial tendencies.”

Trying to stay sub-$35,000, but can go to $40,000 for the perfect fit.

• ELISE
  • 2005 or newer
  • Modded to the freaking gills — it should be faster, more stable, and more durable than stock; interior improvements and sound deadening welcome (for example, if you’ve “painstakingly felted EVERYTHING,” you already have me); and it can have all kinds of cosmetic tweaks so long as I don’t find them tacky (on that topic, if you have an Exige without the tail wing, talk to me); I don’t care about any of it being stock... except that it should technically still be a Lotus Elise, I suppose.
  • High mileage is ok if it’s been cared for properly.
  • It can have a rebuilt title from a reputable source like Wire Wheel, just needs to be 100% structurally sound.
  • Not a huge fan of yellow or orange, but I could warm to either if the car is right; it should look well cared for, but I don’t care if it has original paint or even a genuine Lotus color—remember, this may end up serving as my assault vehicle in a post-apocalyptic wasteland by the time I’m through with it.
I intend to drive it every day. I will drive it fast and ask a lot of it. It’ll be well cared for. It will live and breathe as its maker intended.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
This might be a good fit for you. It was posted in this group (Not sure if you FB):

It would be cool to see this one come to the area.

Reactions: Driver Dave

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts
Reactions: Driver Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, REKIII, that’s a good candidate! I’m following up.

Catsailr27, yes I’m thinking along those same lines, but I’m open to higher mileage on the theory that any part that wears out can be replaced, including the engine. And the driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts