The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no valve cover. If anyone can get a hold of these please name a price.

Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I think he's refering to the engine plastics like Stan painted red. If so I'd like to buy a set too if anyone wants to part with them. It's so much more fun to tell people I have an Elise engine then a Celica.

:D

I'm also interesten in the stock exhaust (from the manifold back) if anyone upgrades and wants to get rid of theirs at a reasonable price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
You could probably order them from a dealer, tho not sure if they'd be in stock or not.
I'd like to get a second set I could experiment on for painting
Chris
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,941 Posts
FWIW the Fusion paint I used to paint my engine covers has been holding up great and gets lots of compliments. If you don't like a color combo after painting it, it's no big deal to change it to something else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,160 Posts
Let's get some TRD stickers too. :p

No seriously, if all else fails, call your closest Lotus dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Ditto said:
[
I'm also interesten in the stock exhaust (from the manifold back) if anyone upgrades and wants to get rid of theirs at a reasonable price. [/B]
Try contacting Silver Star in Thousand Oaks, CA (805-371-5400). When I went to pick up my stock exhaust after having the Stage II installed, I noticed that they had 3 or 4 used stock exhausts sitting in a back room. I assume these were from customers who had the Stage II installed but didn't want their original exhaust back.

good luck

//Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stan brought up the fact that it appears to be a standard Celica header. Does anyone have pictures of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
chrisngrod said:
Stan brought up the fact that it appears to be a standard Celica header. Does anyone have pictures of it?
I think the exhaust manifold is the same, and I already have two of those.

I want the exhaust from where it conects to the manifold back, for a nicer flange and the cat mainly. I'm still not happy with what the muffler shop did for my exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Ditto-I would sell you mine. It's got 3 or 4K miles on it, but it's in perfect condition. What's a reasonable price? No clue. Whatever they cost new, I'd sell mine for less, obviously.

I can't believe you guys didn't get the "Lotus Performance" plastic pieces! I assumed every Elise came with them. Rothrock is going to paint/clearcoat my console and sand off and paint my valve covers with the exact paint used on the exterior for me, for a total of $75. I like mine as is, but if they can get a perfect match, then i can re-do the roundel and raised lettering, and there won't be any drips!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,464 Posts
Surferjer said:
I can't believe you guys didn't get the "Lotus Performance" plastic pieces! I assumed every Elise came with them.
That's because they don't have Elises :)

But I find it funny that toyota installed engines don't come with valve covers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oh really? You find that funny?

How about the fact that there's no stock midengine Toyota 2zz vehicle!

If I used a Toyota valve cover:

1. It would cover parts of the intake manifold (which is hardly visible)

2. The lettering would be upside down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Do you guys know where I can pick up a triple tiered wing (maybe 4 or 5' tall?) and some TYPE-R NAWS stickers for my Elise?
Nope no wing, or stickers on my car. Looks stock to the untrained eye, but I bet it would give your car a run for its money (4.7sec. 0to60 for over $10,000 less). Weighs a little more (2164lbs. right now) than an Elise, but it's also got more torque and ponies. The engine and tranny have also been dropped a bit to lower the center of gravity.

But I didn't come here for a p!ssing contest. I want the engine plastics so my motor swap will look more "finished". Also, as I said I would rather put on my list of mods, an elise engine rather than a Celica engine, and since the egine is the same and mine puts out more power than either... I don't see a problem with that. The exhaust I want because I haven't come up with an exaust for the swap that I like yet, so I wanted to try the Elise exhaust incase I ever need to be emissions legal.

So keep your wings and stickers.

Thanks to those that are being helpful! Thanks for the phone # biobaggie!

Surferjer, are you willing to part with the exhaust from the manifold out? Flange, cat, muffler, and pipes in between.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey don't worry man. It's them that have the Toyota motor. We have the Toyotas to go along with it!

Just joking... Ditto what ditto said though.




Spyders aren't that hideous are they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
Ditto said:
. I want the engine plastics so my motor swap will look more "finished". Also, as I said I would rather put on my list of mods, an elise engine rather than a Celica engine, and since the egine is the same and mine puts out more power than either... I don't see a problem with that.
according to R&T mag, "...the only major changes are a revised intake system, different exhaust and a Lotus-tuned ECU."

So putting the Elise valve covers on does not get you an Elise motor. Your list of mods would be inaccurate regardless if you're making more HP or not.

also, the Lotus 2zz hits the 2nd cam at 6200 vs the Celica's 6400 rpm changeover. This allows the Elise to stay on the 2nd cam when shifting at redline (and let's remember that the ECU allows visits to 8500 rpm which is 500 rpm over the listed redline). The Celica would drop out of the 2nd cam even when shifted at redline - a big complaint from the moment the car was released to the market; Lotus' ECU has cured this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
hey Ditto,
one more thing. could you tell us your list of engine mods that allowed you to get better HP numbers? Just curious to see what mods we can apply to the Elise to bump up the numbers...

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
raggedy1 said:
So putting the Elise valve covers on does not get you an Elise motor. Your list of mods would be inaccurate regardless if you're making more HP or not.

also, the Lotus 2zz hits the 2nd cam at 6200 vs the Celica's 6400 rpm changeover. This allows the Elise to stay on the 2nd cam when shifting at redline (and let's remember that the ECU allows visits to 8500 rpm which is 500 rpm over the listed redline). The Celica would drop out of the 2nd cam even when shifted at redline - a big complaint from the moment the car was released to the market; Lotus' ECU has cured this problem.
<yawn>

So I guess I don't have a Celica motor becuase my ECU, exhaust and intake are different also :-(. What do I have? I'm not sure many people will understand what a 2zz is. Uh oh I think I'll have to compare it to the Elise, Exige, Matrix, Vibe GT, Corolla, XRS or Celica GTS.

Different years of the Celica had different redlines. It wasn't always impossible to hit lift on the 1st-2nd gear shift. There are hardly any people with the 7800 redline (02 and up I believe) that can stay in lift, but many with the 8400 redline (00-01) that can.

You're right we don't have Lotus ECUs. I for instance have an Apexi Power FC. I hit lift at 6000 rpms and it disengages at 5800. My redline is 9050 rpm. I don't think I'll have any problems hitting lift :p .

As people begin heavily modifying their Elises they're going to get rid of your beloved Lotus ECU.



I just want a nice piece of plastic in that engine bay. Look at the chaos already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Ditto-I have the exhaust only, from the cat back. That's it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,464 Posts
Sorry if I caused any trouble, I was just pointing out what others didn't realize.

some where thinking that some elises didn't come with those covers, I guess I'm the only one that reads signatures :)

Anyway, I meant no disrespect with my clarification.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top