The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing an Elise. I plan on doing an engine swap, so if I can find one that has had the engine explode or something, it would be much more cost effective for me. So, if anyone has recently destroyed their engine, or knows where I might find one, I would appreciate any help.

FYI. Engine swap will be a Honda K24 Vtec swap with a small, quickly-spooling turbo. Heard it's been done before and it put the 'Vette Z06 in it's place. I know a guy in NC who can do it if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The Elise uses a Toyota engine.. So unless you find an Elise that Stan worked on, you are SOL.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Welcome to LotusTalk!

Do a bit of a search on engine swaps too - noone has yet admitted to successfully installing a Honda into a Fed Elise (it is common in Europe/ROW with Rover engined cars). This thread on a K20 install is worth reading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that info guys. I'm still looking around to see if I can find the chassis/body. I can't find anything under $20k. Is that too low of a goal to be shooting for? Every Elise I find in a junk yard, is there because someone crashed it. I don't even want to mess around with screwed up frame. I'll keep sending feelers out. maybe go to a local junk yard and see if they have contacts anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts