The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Did you try giving a call to Bernard at Scotti ?
He might be aware of current owners willing to sell their car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made the mistake of scheduling a PPI at Scotti and talked to Bernard. He asked me how much I was buying the 2007 Elise for and I was giving out too much information. He also asked for the name of the seller...

Then "mysteriously" the next day Lotus of Toronto or whatever Lotus dealer is there makes an offer to the seller for 1000$ more than what I had agreed with the seller.

I know Bernard always tells me he has lots of contacts across Canada...and mysteriously most Elises are sold by the same dealers....

Bernard is a nice guy in person and always lets me test-drive any car I want but in this case I suspect that the Lotus dealer where I wanted to do my PPI thought the price I was going to pay was too good...:(

I suspect that the Lotus dealers want to protect the price of used Lotus cars on the market and keep them up....

So if you see a black 2007 Elise with 32 000kms for sale in Toronto soon you will know where it comes from...see my other thread...

Now I have to start looking for another one again:(

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
You're right, it sounds like you were giving out too much information. Sorry to hear about what happened. Hope you find another car that you like.

San

·
Registered
305 Posts
wow... at 36500$ it really was a steal, but now at 48k... a bit overpriced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts