The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reader -

I am taking the jump and starting the search! I would love to purchase an Evora S 2014 or older, manual. I am fine with higher miles, hoping close in Cali. I have a budget of around 40K, so this. May not be realistic, but hoping. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the positivity! I hope so as well. I need to cruise around in something other than my truck.

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Good luck. I'm sure you'll love it.
Only such Evora S I saw from looking online from summer of 2018 thru Aug 2019 was ~$35k. It had 80k miles and needed a LOT of work (~$20k to make it all right).

·
Registered
466 Posts
To be honest, youll struggle for $40k for an S (especially Manual and later than 2011). I have never seen one for 40k. I got my 13 for low 40s last year but it needed the clutch replaced.
IPS is a little cheaper than MT so you will have a better chance there is thats an option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest, youll struggle for $40k for an S (especially Manual and later than 2011). I have never seen one for 40k. I got my 13 for low 40s last year but it needed the clutch replaced.
IPS is a little cheaper than MT so you will have a better chance there is thats an option.
Thank you for the insight. I have seen two that were low forties. The lower one was an IPS as you stated. I mean I'm patient to see what happens. And if it doesn't the I get a N/A.

Shoot for the stars so you at least past the clouds when you begin to fall. 🤗

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for the insight. I have seen two that were low forties. The lower one was an IPS as you stated. I mean I'm patient to see what happens. And if it doesn't the I get a N/A.

Shoot for the stars so you at least past the clouds when you begin to fall. 🤗
I was at a similar position with you. I started looking at Evora S Manual for similar price range. The reason I searched for Evora was because I think it could be a better long distance cruiser, at least for my family. Then, I drove 10 hours from Texas to Florida in our SUV with my family and I realized that It would be impossible for us with all my toddler’s screaming/ food mess.

so I asked myself, “why am I buying a lotus?” I’ve always dreamt about the Elise and the time is right for me especially with my health condition. The answer was, “the raw go kart experience and the exotic looks!”

And so I did. I just put down a deposit for an Elise. With a $40k budget you can aim past the stars and shoot for the moon and get the best spec-ed Elise. Heck even an Exige.

So I thought I should share it with you. Please ask yourself why Lotus? Why Evora?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at a similar position with you. I started looking at Evora S Manual for similar price range. The reason I searched for Evora was because I think it could be a better long distance cruiser, at least for my family. Then, I drove 10 hours from Texas to Florida in our SUV with my family and I realized that It would be impossible for us with all my toddler’s screaming/ food mess.

so I asked myself, “why am I buying a lotus?” I’ve always dreamt about the Elise and the time is right for me especially with my health condition. The answer was, “the raw go kart experience and the exotic looks!”

And so I did. I just put down a deposit for an Elise. With a $40k budget you can aim past the stars and shoot for the moon and get the best spec-ed Elise. Heck even an Exige.

So I thought I should share it with you. Please ask yourself why Lotus? Why Evora?
Congratulations on making the next step to make your dreams a reality! I am weighing what's important to me in my selection. Like you, I do enjoy the drive of a exotic, but I am still weighing the real need for the S. I feel like I will shoot myself in the foot if I jump the gun too soon and don't wait a little longer. (I am giving myself a time though)

I drove from Texas to Cali with my kids and I know what you mean! I don't plan on it being a family cruiser. Date night for sure, and just when the wife approves me cruise time.

I appreciate your feedback and hope all goes well with your awesome new addition!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations on making the next step to make your dreams a reality! I am weighing what's important to me in my selection. Like you, I do enjoy the drive of a exotic, but I am still weighing the real need for the S. I feel like I will shoot myself in the foot if I jump the gun too soon and don't wait a little longer. (I am giving myself a time though)

I drove from Texas to Cali with my kids and I know what you mean! I don't plan on it being a family cruiser. Date night for sure, and just when the wife approves me cruise time.

I appreciate your feedback and hope all goes well with your awesome new addition!
I, too was thinking about the S a lot but it’s more like what if I don’t get enough power kinda of worry. With the extra $$$ one can add aftermarket FI that adds more power compared to the stock S.

where in Texas are you from? I’m from Houston. Let me know if you want to try the Elise should you consider that as an option. I think both are great choice!

·
Scott M
293 Posts
I, too was thinking about the S a lot but it’s more like what if I don’t get enough power kinda of worry.
The 0-60 numbers scared me for the NA models. I’m totally clear it’s not a car optimized for such use. I know my own cravings for the feel of power and 4.5 sec or quicker for reported capabilities scratch that itch for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know who Casper111 was? or is if using a different moniker on the site? I got a message from them but then I keep getting an error to try and reply.

·
Administrator
1,529 Posts
Was banned. Be careful who you are in contact with. We are constantly watching for spammers that get past filters. There are rules about minimum posts before contacting members with cars and parts for sale.

Reactions: Myadidas
1 - 15 of 15 Posts