The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ~ so i am shopping for an exhaust, if anyone is selling please PM me :)

'05 elise with FF street header

I want something not TOO loud - so things like arquay single tips and stage 2 are out of the question.

something not too loud around town, deep meaty note wanted.

accepting advice as well...

thanks!!

-Rod

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a 2bular 4.75 with new packing material, with thru the diffuser slash cut tips that is coming off (replacing diffuser with CF diffuser with above the diffuser exhaust.it is way quieter than Stage
2 with very little drone. What's your timeline?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i started exhaust shopping about a year after i got my car, so its been going on for about 26 months or so now....

i had a 2Bular thru the diff - 7" but conflicted with the FF header collector, sold it off. Jim said he is making oval cans that will work now however.

the 4.75 seems very agressive? i was worried the 7" would be too loud!!

so if indeedy yours is that mellow around town - we can talk! i prefer thru the diffuser because i am just way too cheapo to buy a 1k diffuser with no holes, and i would be too embaresed to drive around with my hole hanging out like that....

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another alternative i am considering is a von hep through the diffuser - hate the tip though, and what it sounds like, louder? is a complete mystery to me - no linkies worky to sound clips for me...

Larini is an option - but i have heard tale they like to fall apart

quicksilver may be too loud for me. i don't want harsh... i want deep pleasent "mature" sound - i am getting old, and over the blarring straight thru wake the neighboors up sound. - not to mention, i would wake my neighboors up, and eventaully get a lawsuit or something in freakin nazi SoCal

·
Registered
558 Posts
i started exhaust shopping about a year after i got my car, so its been going on for about 26 months or so now....

i had a 2Bular thru the diff - 7" but conflicted with the FF header collector, sold it off. Jim said he is making oval cans that will work now however.

the 4.75 seems very agressive? i was worried the 7" would be too loud!!

so if indeedy yours is that mellow around town - we can talk! i prefer thru the diffuser because i am just way too cheapo to buy a 1k diffuser with no holes, and i would be too embaresed to drive around with my hole hanging out like that....
Check your pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts