The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing my hat into the ring for and Exige or Exige S as well. I'm in the Minneapolis area, so the driving season is coming to an end. I'm not in a huge hurry as a result. I have cash in hand. My expectations for pricing are driven entirely by what I have seen on ebay during three recent auctions:

A bright orange/black Exige with low miles sold for ~38K (listed a second time for some reason)...really wanted this one, but I was a couple days too late.

A polar blue Exige with Blackwatch SC and other options sold for 30K...not sure how that happened. This one was sold before I started looking, but I found it at a FL dealer for 35K...well worth the price, but it was apparently sold while on the truck from the seller. I REALLY REALLY wanted this one. The sales mgr at the dealership was VERY cool though...gave me a lot of great advice. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up buying from him...I'm on a list. One of many, probably ;^P

A burnt orange Elise SC (not Exige) with carbon fiber trim sold for 41.5K. I considered this one since it was soooo nice looking and a SC.

So that's my data set for pricing. It might be a misperception, but it seems like I've seen a greater spread in prices on this list vs ebay. But the market is what it is. I prefer lower miles (~10K) but would accept a bit higher (20-ish K). I will not track this and would not consider a tracked car or any structural repairs, damage, etc. That's really my only restriction. I probably have preferences on color, but I wouldn't want to eliminate any options. I think I'll know that I want it when I see it.

By the way, am I crazy for wanting this beast without ever driving any Lotus or even a RWD?! I have a 2000 Saab Viggen (148K mls) and 2001 Audi TT (225hp version, 65K mls), but no RWD. That should change! Who's gonna help me???!!!

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
You would do an Exige a great disfavor by never letting her run on a track...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly I'm trying to avoid doing her a bigger disfavor by wrapping her around whatever solid object might be nearby!

It actually sounds like fun but not practical for me at this point. However, it's not out of the question in the future.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Where are you located or are you willing to travel to get the right car?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that is a beautiful car. If it turns heads in LA, I think it will explode them in MPLS. Where in LA are you? I used to live a short walk from the King's Harbor sign in Redondo.

It's very tempting and I would like to keep in touch. If I cannot find an Exige, I would consider it. I'm looking for a SC version, but I expect I would probably have to add that.

Mike

·
Registered
283 Posts
+1 for another Viggen owner, I sold my 1999 Viggen years ago and still miss it terribly.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Back to the Future, again
6,184 Posts
Wow, that is a beautiful car. If it turns heads in LA, I think it will explode them in MPLS. Where in LA are you? I used to live a short walk from the King's Harbor sign in Redondo.

It's very tempting and I would like to keep in touch. If I cannot find an Exige, I would consider it. I'm looking for a SC version, but I expect I would probably have to add that.

Mike
You betcha, we'll keep in touch. I'll be here, ain't going nowhere, to the chagrin of some.rotfl

I'm near downtown L.A. and frequent the beach cities, including Redondo. The Elise was a perfect SoCal car with the top off. Small and compact and easy to manuever, park, and quick enough to scoot around traffic when it opened up. Getting tons of attention as a flashy soft top car was part of the bargain. I have always had a convertible of sorts and I never had the top on, except for the occasional wash.

+1 for another Viggen owner, I sold my 1999 Viggen years ago and still miss it terribly.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Never had a Viggen but did have a 900SE Convertible 2.3L turbo 5 speed. That was an awesome car, nice interior, cool styling, and the engine is no slouch. I put some 17" rims on it back in the day and it was looking mighty good... until a lady in an Infiniti decided she liked it so much that she wanted to combine her car and mine. I think her engine ended up inside my trunk after it was all done. One of the rear wheels was facing perpendicular to the body.

That is one of the very few cars I would buy again.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I've just listed my Exige in the FS section.

·
Registered
295 Posts
mine is for sale....officially

55k it is clean. i have had it on the autocross, but not on the track. I understand your concerns. Let me know what you think....
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts