The Lotus Cars Community banner
101 - 120 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Not doing business with Hayes again. After refusing to take my deposit multiple times, after taking my info to send me a purchase agreement at which point I again asked where to send deposit, he sells the car to someone else. And not even for more. It's not like the car won't sell. If it didn't work out with me, he knew he would still sell it tomorrow.

His argument is that he was trying to protect my deposit because I was securing financing. Had I failed to get financing, I lose the deposit but that's my fault. I can't and won't blame him for that. We are all adults. And I did get financing.

Oh well. Cest la vie.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,900 Posts
Not doing business with Hayes again. After refusing to take my deposit multiple times, after taking my info to send me a purchase agreement at which point I again asked where to send deposit, he sells the car to someone else. And not even for more. It's not like the car won't sell. If it didn't work out with me, he knew he would still sell it tomorrow.

His argument is that he was trying to protect my deposit because I was securing financing. Had I failed to get financing, I lose the deposit but that's my fault. I can't and won't blame him for that. We are all adults. And I did get financing.

Oh well. Cest la vie.
Cash is king

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Cash is king
While I agree, it's professional curtsy to let the transaction run its course. Originally he had told me I was second in line. Then the first guy fell through. Like I said, the car will sell. He couldn't wait one day? I actually secured financing in four hours on a Saturday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
While I agree, it's professional curtsy to let the transaction run its course. Originally he had told me I was second in line. Then the first guy fell through. Like I said, the car will sell. He couldn't wait one day? I actually secured financing in four hours on a Saturday.
Also financing is still cash to him. Just instead of me, it's coming from the bank. All he had to do was wait one day or in my case 4 hours.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,900 Posts
Also financing is still cash to him. Just instead of me, it's coming from the bank. All he had to do was wait one day or in my case 4 hours.
I get it, but I can tell you if someone wired me the money and wasn’t relying on bank financing, it’s going to then unless I had a written signed contract. Lots of wannabes trying to get financing that never comes thru and deals fall thru last second.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I get it, but I can tell you if someone wired me the money and wasn’t relying on bank financing, it’s going to then unless I had a written signed contract. Lots of wannabes trying to get financing that never comes thru and deals fall thru last second.
If it was a Ford, sure. We all know this car will sell. What's another day? And why tell me the order? I moved from second to first. If you are going to do that, then you should see it through. Imagine you were the first guy and I wired him the money and he told you sorry.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
I shouldn't vent here. The forum is not for that. I wouldn't even be upset except I wanted an orange one.
You're lucky to find one for sale no matter the color.

·
He's on fire!
3,454 Posts
So I should take a black one? Why stop there? Why not just get a S240? Failing that, Exige S, Elise, Ford?
If you go by the mantra that all these vehicles are more or less the exact same underneath the bodywork, there isn't much reason to differentiate, as you can wrap, get (arguably) better upgrades off the aftermarket, etc. The 260's are great but the view from the cockpit and the experience isn't going to be that much different among all the 111 platform in the US, especially amongst the supercharged variants. If you want to be more choosy you'll just have to wait longer and it will be especially true among the last few years when production was the lowest.

·
He's on fire!
3,454 Posts
I do think one thing buyers have going for them these days is the high prices are bringing some out of the woodwork that wouldn't normally be for sale.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
If you go by the mantra that all these vehicles are more or less the exact same underneath the bodywork, there isn't much reason to differentiate, as you can wrap, get (arguably) better upgrades off the aftermarket, etc. The 260's are great but the view from the cockpit and the experience isn't going to be that much different among all the 111 platform in the US, especially amongst the supercharged variants. If you want to be more choosy you'll just have to wait longer and it will be especially true among the last few years when production was the lowest.
Someone else suggested wrapping too. That defeats the purpose of a Lotus. The idea is to remove weight, not add. While you can make the car "better", I consider the S260 like a piece of art. "Perfect" as is.

My wait would've been over this weekend had someone practiced more morals.

·
Registered
2011 Exige S260 Sport
369 Posts
I care. I get that not everyone shares my sentiments but I hope you can understand some people have color preferences. Changing the color would likely decrease the value of the car.
Someone else suggested wrapping too. That defeats the purpose of a Lotus. The idea is to remove weight, not add. While you can make the car "better", I consider the S260 like a piece of art. "Perfect" as is.

My wait would've been over this weekend had someone practiced more morals.
Sorry this one got away, I understand the frustration.
These are awesome cars. Be patient, yours is out there.

101 - 120 of 168 Posts