The Lotus Cars Community banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Yea but next time, it might be over $100k.
Have you signed up for notifications here and on BaT? Highly desirable Exiges have literally lasted only minutes between posted for sale and sold here on LT. Fast response is the key.

Reactions: mariokart

·
He's on fire!
3,454 Posts
Someone else suggested wrapping too. That defeats the purpose of a Lotus. The idea is to remove weight, not add. While you can make the car "better", I consider the S260 like a piece of art. "Perfect" as is.

My wait would've been over this weekend had someone practiced more morals.
I try to avoid getting too religious about a particular brand. If you really wanted to remove weight, you might be looking at a seven, an elan, maybe a europa. On the 111, facts are that unless you are a top notch driver using the car in a competitive manner, its not a big deal to wrap if thats what it takes to get the car the right color when supply is low. If you feel that strongly against wrap, maybe you take the PPF off the car and you'll save even more weight (ppf + all the paint road debris will end up removing for you).

I say all that, but honestly its fine choosing to wait too. Its just about what you want to hang your hat on at the end of the day. Back in 2010 there were a lot more cars to choose from, and I waited 9 months for the right one to show up, and I wanted any orange exige.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I try to avoid getting too religious about a particular brand. If you really wanted to remove weight, you might be looking at a seven, an elan, maybe a europa. On the 111, facts are that unless you are a top notch driver using the car in a competitive manner, its not a big deal to wrap if thats what it takes to get the car the right color when supply is low. If you feel that strongly against wrap, maybe you take the PPF off the car and you'll save even more weight (ppf + all the paint road debris will end up removing for you).

I say all that, but honestly its fine choosing to wait too. Its just about what you want to hang your hat on at the end of the day. Back in 2010 there were a lot more cars to choose from, and I waited 9 months for the right one to show up, and I wanted any orange exige.
I love the 7. I guess the S260 is the perfect blend of power, weight, and aero. I truly believe it's the best example of automobile engineering. There is none better.

You are right. I would never feel the difference driving it with a wrap. It's the principal of it you know? Maybe I should rethink my stance on it.

·
2006 Exige
1,051 Posts
I guess the S260 is the perfect blend of power, weight, and aero. I truly believe it's the best example of automobile engineering. There is none better.
The Exige is one of my favorite cars on Earth, yet I don't even believe that. There are still many engineering shortcomings and compromises made for cost.

Sorry you missed out on that perfect 260 Sport. Maybe just have the cash ready for the next one.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I was told I was 3rd in line, and I could wire it immediately for all intents and purposes. But being 3rd with the car freshly listed, I fully did not expect to have that chance, and didn't get it.
But I completely respect Hayes, have known him for at least 20 years and would be happy to buy from him should the opportunity arise again.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
I love the 7. I guess the S260 is the perfect blend of power, weight, and aero. I truly believe it's the best example of automobile engineering. There is none better.

You are right. I would never feel the difference driving it with a wrap. It's the principal of it you know? Maybe I should rethink my stance on it.
Think of a wrap as a layer of protection as well as providing you with the color and finish of choice!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
The Exige is one of my favorite cars on Earth, yet I don't even believe that. There are still many engineering shortcomings and compromises made for cost.

Sorry you missed out on that perfect 260 Sport. Maybe just have the cash ready for the next one.
My fault. I wasn't clear. Find a better engineered car for $75k.

Considering how low interest rates are, it makes no financial sense to pay cash.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I was told I was 3rd in line, and I could wire it immediately for all intents and purposes. But being 3rd with the car freshly listed, I fully did not expect to have that chance, and didn't get it.
But I completely respect Hayes, have known him for at least 20 years and would be happy to buy from him should the opportunity arise again.
Your place in line does not matter. I was first and got skipped.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
While I agree, it's professional curtsy to let the transaction run its course. Originally he had told me I was second in line. Then the first guy fell through. Like I said, the car will sell. He couldn't wait one day? I actually secured financing in four hours on a Saturday.
Sorry, in this post you say you were 2nd.....

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
I think it's been done...or close
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Wait, when did he tell you this? Because if I was second and you were third but you didn't get the car, then there's someone else ahead of you. Just kidding, he doesn't care about order.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts