The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Chrome Orange, Storm Titanium, or White Exige in the $29-$36k price range. I’m willing to travel anywhere in the continental U.S. but only after a PPI with a dealer or qualified shop. Please respond by PM.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Have you checked the prices of good used Exiges lately? Not many out there for under $40k...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the prices of good used Exiges lately? Not many out there for under $40k...
Why do you think I posted? If I had over $40k to spend I'd have and Exige already. BTW two Exiges sold this week in the mid $30s and another went for no more than the asking price of $32k. I was second in line for two of them.

I'm posting a WTB in the hope that anyone with an Exige in my price range might contact me first.

Pardon me if I sound like I'm ranting, but if you don't have an Exige for sale why are even looking at this thread?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you could be a little more gracious and little less judgmental toward members who are trying to help.

Just sayin.'

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,750 Posts
Why do you think I posted? If I had over $40k to spend I'd have and Exige already. BTW two Exiges sold this week in the mid $30s and another went for no more than the asking price of $32k. I was second in line for two of them.

I'm posting a WTB in the hope that anyone with an Exige in my price range might contact me first.

Pardon me if I sound like I'm ranting, but if you don't have an Exige for sale why are even looking at this thread?
Ouch! That's not the way to get ahead here! If anything you are pushing potential sellers away...

But it is the truth... There aren't many clean Exige's selling in that price range.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Your price range seems OK if you're looking for a very high mileage car or perhaps one with some moderate damage history, but your stuff about "only after a PPI with a dealer or qualified shop" seems to indicate that you believe you can buy Dom Perignon on a Budweiser budget.

Those of us who follow used Lotus sales know that cars that look to be priced too-good-to-be-true almost always are. I thought a gentle comment about rechecking your price might be considered worthwhile advice that would save you time and frustration, but I guess you know better than that.

Good luck, and be sure to post pics of your <$36 K Exige.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you believe you can buy Dom Perignon on a Budweiser budget.
An '06 Exige for $36K is like Dom Pérignon on a Budweiser budget? :confused:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
An '06 Exige for $36K is like Dom Pérignon on a Budweiser budget? :confused:
Seems like you've rephrased this quote to change the meaning.

I'll break it down... Thinking you can buy an excellent condition Exige for less than $36k is like thinking you can buy expensive champagne on a beer budget... OTOH, Bud did formerly market itself as The champagne of bottled beer.

If the OP had indicated that he knew that budget priced Exiges come with some kind of compromise (that was certainly not the tone) I would never have commented in the first place. Likewise, if Casper was a veteran of LT we could assume that he knew the limitations of his request...

I've searched for and purchased a used Elise, and participated with my son as he searched for and purchased a used Exige. I can't recall a single Exige in that price class that didn't require a few buyer concessions.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I believe it is actually Miller High Life that is the Champagne of Beers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I've just listed my Laser Blue Exige in the FS section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts