The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to renovations at my home, I parked my Elise at the In-laws for a few days. My mother in law backed into the car at "low speed" but cracked the front clam in several spots. No rad damage, but the clam is toast. Anyone out there have an extra they are willing to part with? Cost of a new one in Canada is a bit steep I think, $4100.00 unpainted. I am going south this summer, does anybody know what they are worth in the US?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Check lotusgarage.com I think they are about $2200..

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I know a guy who knows a guy that sells the entire front part (not just the clam shell, the whole front) made of carbon fiber. I told him it would be good for someone who needs a front clam anyway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a guy who knows a guy that sells the entire front part (not just the clam shell, the whole front) made of carbon fiber. I told him it would be good for someone who needs a front clam anyway.

That's really cool. I think.:huh: It's a bit cryptic, but if you have more detail I'd look at it for sure. I fee like traitor trying to go round my dealer on this, but even with an at par dollar we still get hosed up here. If this is a dead end, does anyone have a good dealership in New England I could line up in the summer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts