The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a full set. Preferably not too much corrosion, but they will be blasted and recoated.
worn bushings ok, all will be removed and replaced.

Will consider recently redone arms with new bushings/coating.

Will consider aftermarket arms.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I got a set of CDS (Cold Drawn Steel) wishbones from Elise Parts. I was happy with them. It seems they have these parts on sale right now. You can optionally get them populated with bushings and/or ball joints.

·
Administrator
4,450 Posts
I second the buzzards idea! With fresh all new wishbones you'll have a great base for your suspension for years to come. Curious what happened with yours?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I second the buzzards idea! With fresh all new wishbones you'll have a great base for your suspension for years to come. Curious what happened with yours?
So it seems the ones on special at Eliseparts only cover 6 of the 8 as they are discontinuing or backordered or something, but all 8 are not available. So they do have the much more expensive set they sell, that I am considering, but not sure I want to go with the spherical ball joints.

As for mine, they are fine, low mileage no corrosion. However I'd like to send a different set out to get cleaned up and coated so I can do a direct swap. I have issues with taking things completely apart then never putting them together again. Trying to set myself up for success on this project. Haha.

·
Administrator
4,450 Posts
I understand. I took mine apart this winter and tried to complete before getting another back fusion but the last minute clear coat I ordered got held up with end of year inventory and then the Ohlins took forever to get back. All together now and it was so worth doing it and knowing it's all done correctly.

Reactions: REKIII
1 - 5 of 5 Posts