The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for used before I get the cheapo obx on eBay. No preference on brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Only 2 posts and both selling stuff, just saying.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
BOE tested headers. Read their results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BOE tested headers. Read their results.
Yeah I saw it, the OBX ones I’m looking at on eBay look like they’re pretty much copies of ppe so they should work out ok if that’s what I end up doing.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I suggest ensuring that they are exact copies in terms of diameter, tube length, material, welding quality, etc.

Are the OBX that much less expensive?

Note that most headers increase power at higher rpms. Normally aspirated car owners may not see any header worth the $$ and trouble, given how highly tuned the 2ZZ is when we get it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suggest ensuring that they are exact copies in terms of diameter, tube length, material, welding quality, etc.

Are the OBX that much less expensive?

Note that most headers increase power at higher rpms. Normally aspirated car owners may not see any header worth the $$ and trouble, given how highly tuned the 2ZZ is when we get it.
They’re 340 with the decat pipe, I’m going to be putting on the exige supercharger setup and my car already has a BOE ST exhaust so figured I might as well get headers before I get the torque 300 tune from boe

·
Registered
547 Posts
FYI, I have the OBX header paired with the PPE decat and it’s works perfect and sounds amazing on my supercharged Elise.

I couldn’t justify paying 4 times the cost for what looked like the same header. I had mine ceramic coated and OBX is guaranteed for life so there’s that too.

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts
PPE headers come in two flavors NA and SC and are different. You may want to check all specs closely since your car is SC.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI, I have the OBX header paired with the PPE decat and it’s works perfect and sounds amazing on my supercharged Elise.

I couldn’t justify paying 4 times the cost for what looked like the same header. I had mine ceramic coated and OBX is guaranteed for life so there’s that too.

Did you just get the ones off eBay then?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep same ones I’m looking at pretty sure. They look fine really just not a ton of reviews of them but I’m not too worried for the price.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep same ones I’m looking at pretty sure. They look fine really just not a ton of reviews of them but I’m not too worried for the price.

If you go this route you will have to block off the air ports. The ppe plate is extended to do this the OBX do not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts