The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking for a good deal on a JL Audio Stealthbox for my newly purchased 05 Elise. I've already got the amp ordered (Alpine PDX 5), but looking at the MSRP of the Stealthbox just makes me -eek-

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
JL Audio Stealthbox

I was also thing about purchasong a JL Audio Stealthbox for my '05 Elise. I would like to see a photo of one installed if anyone can provide that. Did I understand correctly that you will have to remove the passenger side footrest for good to install the Stealthbox?

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I purchased my 05 elise i was considering the stealth box as well. For installation you do have to take out the passenger side foot rest. If you do not have too many passengers the JL Audio box is a good idea. In my opinion though it's too easy for the passenger to hit the box with there foot and i've sat in a car with one installed...there is a bit of discomfort. My suggestion (what I did) I purchased a Kenwood enclosed box off ebay. It has 2 small subwoofers and the amp is built right in. It's slim enough that it will fit behind the seats. All is required is a power wire to the battery and frequency feed wires from the rear speakers. If you like window shaking bass this system is not for you, but if you want more than adiquate amount of bass which the Blaupunkt system does not have at all this works very well! In my opinion I think this rear box idea sounds better because of the location of the box over the JL location. Turned up enough you can feel the power against your back.

Here is a current link:

NEW 08 KENWOOD KSC-SW10 POWERED SUB WOOFER ENCLOSED+BOX - eBay (item 280265901732 end time Sep-17-08 22:29:56 PDT)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw, I ended up buying one from Sonic Electronics. I'd highly recommend them if you go retail (or internet-retail). :up:

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Stealthbox thumps. Passengers don't mind it that much. I remove mine for passengers if I am doing an autox. The footrest is just velcroed in so its easy to reinstall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts