The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a black leather, with stitching, cover for my '05 Elise center console . I think later Elises had another botton for traction control or something. Does anyone have one that the don't want for some reason? Can anyone recommend a good dealer (discount) to get one from the Lotus Trim Shop? Any other suggestions?
All help appreciated.
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I ordered one from lotus USA about a month ago and just received it. I love it. It's black leather with white stitches ( That's the way i ordered it, you can get it with any color stitches that you like) it came out to $286 including taxes. That's probably the best place to get it from. Let me know if you like i can post some pictures of it also.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I got mine from the Lotus dealer for the same price. Note that it includes the shifter and hand brake boot too. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have a black on black leather center console that I'd be willing to sell, I want to get a carbon (probably matte, not sure yet) instead of the heavy leather. :-D

It's black leather, and has black stitching as well. I can take pics if you are interested in this combo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
….. I don’t want to sound like a penny pincher, but you can always take yours to get re-upholstered in leather or suede or … In my case I bought a carbon (I couldn’t find a matte) ,some number brand. It fit pretty good, but I had a very hard time trying to get the emergency and window switch to fit in. In doing so, found Ford makes a small contribution in making my Elise too.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
but I had a very hard time trying to get the emergency and window switch to fit in.
I bet fitting the window switch in the console was a real PITA. It certainly is a lot bigger than the hole in the console. Did you put your door lock switch in the door panel where the window switch was or somewhere else? -poke- :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered one from lotus USA about a month ago and just received it. I love it. It's black leather with white stitches ( That's the way i ordered it, you can get it with any color stitches that you like) it came out to $286 including taxes. That's probably the best place to get it from. Let me know if you like i can post some pictures of it also.
I guess that's the way to go. Does that include the back portion with the power socket?

·
Registered
56 Posts
the window switch was no problem, but the emergency switch had to be really hammered in, which broke it off two times and I had to put it together (Its not that Ford though) . On either one, the back clips don't click as they can be pulled out, but they're in firm. I do recommend using double side tape where the old screws go on the front piece as the carbons might make some noise hitting the brackets, but that's being too cautious. Looks good and ....... its sort of always cold to the touch - don't know why, unlike the old plastic or leather, after driving while (not shifting) your knee doesn't get all sweaty or irritated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts