The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all - if you've upgrade to a GRP CF part and want to make some cash from your older one thats collecting dust let me know - I need to replace mine as its falling apart and dont want to drop the coin on the GRP CF part (because I dont have any other CF in the car).

Lotus parts has them available but with international shipping it kind of hurts for such a simple part.

Anyone have one state side I can buy from you? I'm in Utah 84405.

·
Administrator
4,989 Posts
Why not order from lotusparts.com a vendor here on LT and in he US? I think I paid $7

Reactions: Devilstar

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why not order from lotusparts.com a vendor here on LT and in he US? I think I paid $7
because I was a dumb dumb and didnt think to check the vendors and only checks the lotus parts based out of the uk.

you can close this, I am just gonna order from lotusparts US :D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Six dollars and nine cents (2005 Lotus Elise Int door pull lh untrimmed - A117B0371F | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI) :) ... oh and plus shipping. May want to wait until you need a bunch of stuff, that way you can bundle your order into one shipment.

You need to be very, very careful when removing your old one so as not to crack off chunks of fibreglass or damage your door's paint. Break it off in chunks using a razor blade, goo gone, and patience.

When you've finally successfully, painstakingly removed your old one, glue down your new one using auto glass urethane windshield adhesive... that is what finally worked for me after unsuccessfully trying to reapply w/ silicone caulk.

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Six dollars and nine cents (2005 Lotus Elise Int door pull lh untrimmed - A117B0371F | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI) :) ... oh and plus shipping. May want to wait until you need a bunch of stuff, that way you can bundle your order into one shipment.

You need to be very, very careful when removing your old one so as not to crack off chunks of fibreglass or damage your door's paint. Break it off in chunks using a razor blade, goo gone, and patience.

When you've finally successfully, painstakingly removed your old one, glue down your new one using auto glass urethane windshield adhesive... that is what finally worked for me after unsuccessfully trying to reapply w/ silicone caulk.
Awesome, thanks for the help, that was going to be my next search when I got them in (already order both sides) - the good news is my drivers side is already breaking apart, based on how different the passenger side looks from the drivers (or if I can see any specific cracks) I may or may not tackle replacing it.

I wonder if applying heat can help break up the bond of the adhesive used at the factory...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the help, that was going to be my next search when I got them in (already order both sides) - the good news is my drivers side is already breaking apart, based on how different the passenger side looks from the drivers (or if I can see any specific cracks) I may or may not tackle replacing it.

I wonder if applying heat can help break up the bond of the adhesive used at the factory...
I suppose you can try applying a heat gun to that area. I found I didn't need to when I did both of mine... just used a razor blade and a putty knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts