The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm interested in buying a Lotus Elise anywhere in California, or anywhere within ~500 miles of Los Angeles. Prefer a red, white, or black 06 model under 20k miles. Would consider another color if the price is right. Would like to stay around $35k. PM me any offers, thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Im sure you've seen this one in Alhambra... Price is right and its just a hair under 20k miles but it looks like British Racing Green. Also its worth a note that it looks like it *may* have had some body work done since its missing the Lotus lettering on the rear clam and the emblem on the front. It does say "Clean Title" though. Its worth a look IMO.

2005 Lotus Elise

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
If you got $35k, you can expand your horizons a bit. I am actually glad to not have to read another one looking for an 05 under $30k... what's a few grand for a newer, lower mileage car?

Stick it out for an 07/08. For that price, in winter, you should be able to find one, just be patient.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Im sure you've seen this one in Alhambra... Price is right and its just a hair under 20k miles but it looks like British Racing Green. Also its worth a note that it looks like it *may* have had some body work done since its missing the Lotus lettering on the rear clam and the emblem on the front. It does say "Clean Title" though. Its worth a look IMO.

2005 Lotus Elise
If you look closely that car has damage. Rear clam has a crack on left rear, reflector is half missing on left rear and like you mentioned the nose badge is gone. Looks like someone bounced off a guard rail and fixed the front and not the rear.

·
Registered
297 Posts

2005 Lotus Elise
In case anyone is interested in more info, I saw this one in person. It's rough. Very rough. Both interior and exterior look as though they have been treated poorly. I never even had them open the engine compartment for me. Perhaps if you were able to get it for $10k less than it is listed at and if you have a lot of time and ability, you might be able to work with it. It would be a LOT of work though. Seller said they would replace the windshield once they have a buyer (it's cracked, btw). All indications point to this thing having been in at least one altercation which damaged both front and back of the vehicle.

A plus though, it does have the hard top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts