The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to buy a Lotus Elise 2006+ preferably. I am located in Orange county CA. Looking for Clean title only. Preferred low miles. I am looking for a reliable one that has history of maintenance records. I am ok with mild cosmetic damage; this wont be a show car sitting in my garage I want to try to daily commute this thing.

I have found one on car gurus for 11k miles and listed at 39k. However this one is in montana. Seems highly priced to me. Any advice? It seems that all the lotus elise are worth $30-38k if they are kept under 45,000 miles.

If I do go with the one listed on montana, does anyone have a bad experience with car gurus and does anyone know anyone in bozeman montana that I could trust to inspect the car. Willing to pay.

I am new here, I know maybe this post seems repetitive and generic to everyone who has been here 5+ years but I am just asking for help. I hope to return the favor to someone else in 5 years when I know more about this beautiful car. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Have you looked at www.wirewheel.com? I know you said you were in CA and it's in FL but they seem to be reputable. They are a site sponsor and it seems several members have had good experience with them, few have left negative comments. It's worth a look since they have an inventory of used Elise's and other Lotus'.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2nd Wirewheel. I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff from Hayes. They are a reputable business and active in the Lotus community. If I was looking I'd start there. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also bought my CO Elise from WireWheels and was quite satisfied. Was not easy to buy a car sight unseen but Hayes made me feel comfortable. It was a painless transaction and shipping in an enclosed trailer to Michigan was not all that expensive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Low miles = High price. You're looking to make a 13-year old car a daily driver, and that's perfectly fine, but one with mileage that low commands a premium - extra money that you're going to 100% depreciate away in the first year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is a good looking blue Elise with 7600 miles on BAT right now. At $32K (+ 5% commission) with 20-ish minutes to go, so probably too late for you but it shows there is a big premium on low mileage cars. Though the $39K in Montana is probably wishful thinking by the dealer. Wait a while and I am sure a good deal in SoCal will come around.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
We have just bought a nice, one owner, 33k mile Elise in Graphite Grey/Black. It will get our complete 60pt Prep and Major Service. Price will be high 30s. Give me a call to discuss as we have not yet taken pictures or placed it onto our website.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I have a lightly modified starlight black '06 available in San Diego. Owned for 5 years.

If you're interested, shoot me a message.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am putting mine up for sale in about a month. (I want an Evora)
Huntington Beach CA

$34k

Meticulously maintained and in quite good cosmetic condition, daily driven for a year. 2 Owners, 38,000 miles. Clean title. No crashes.

It has been kept stock except for reliability mods (which have mostly been done in the last 3000miles.

Cams are checked every 3k miles (30k, 33k and 36k. Have photos of each)
Lifter bolts have been replaced
BOE NAS Toe Link
PROrad Single pass radiator and hoses
Toyota OEM Oil/Water heat exchanger
OEM Coolant Radiator tank
Sector111 Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Lotus Stage 2 Exhaust (And STD Exige S)
Fujita Air Intake
Alarm and immobilizer have been removed (have another anti theft setup)
Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 Extreme Rate Lithium Iron
Air horn added
New padding on both seats. Feel amazing
Discs and pads havnt been changed by me but they have a lot of life left.
Recent wheel alignment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still looking?

If you are still looking, I'm starting to think of selling my 2006. Bought it 9/2017 at 12.5k miles. Now has 17.5k miles. Not tracked. Charcoal color, red interior. Black LSS wheels. Penske NA dampers (fantastic ride). InoKinetic diffuser exit muffler. Still have the stock rear diffuser parts and muffler. I have extra set of factory silver wheels. I have the factory Bilstein dampers as well. Great shape. I am in San Jose, CA. Just starting to think about it, so haven't really thought of price, but likely 36k. Anything less, and I will reinstall the silver wheels and Bilstein dampers, and sell the Penskes and black LSS wheels separately.

I will include all the stock parts I removed, including muffler, diffuser, silver wheels, Bilstein dampers, etc.

I have not yet made a classified ad since I am only in initial thoughts of selling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts