The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a Lotus Evora. I'm looking to spend 30-40K, so I figure that is most likely an NA, though I would consider going up to 45K for the right car or an Evora S. I would prefer manual, though I'd consider an IPS as well. High mileage is fine with me, but I am looking for a car that doesn't require any significant work right now. It would be a big plus if the clutch has been replaced, but this is not a prerequisite. I am located in TX but am more than willing to travel for the right car. Let me know if you have an Evora you're considering selling!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might need to open up your wallet a bit more...
I don't think so. It looks like several early NA Evoras have sold in the classifieds for <40K in the last year. Like I said, high mileage is ok with me. I'm not looking for show car, I'm planning on daily driving it.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
726 Posts
And like I said, I think you’ll be surprised when you have to open your wallet a bit more. All these cars are bringing quite a nice price tag now. Not knocking what you’re trying to do, I just think you’ll have more luck in the $48-55 price range

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And like I said, I think you’ll be surprised when you have to open your wallet a bit more. All these cars are bringing quite a nice price tag now. Not knocking what you’re trying to do, I just think you’ll have more luck in the $55-60 price range
I appreciate your input, and I'm always open to being educated on these cars. But I just don't think those numbers represent the reality of the market based on what I'm seeing in the classifieds here, local offers, and BaT listings.

I have a local offers for a 2011 NA manual for 37K (but needs AC fixed, it's posted on this forum) and a 2014 NA IPS (1 owner with 7.5K miles) for 45K.

Here are the most recent BaT listings:

Here are some of the more recent completed sales on this forum:

I guess we'll always see. If I don't receive any interest in people selling for the next year or so, I can always increase my budget. But all of the evidence suggests 35-42K or so is a sweet spot for a well-kept, higher mileage NA Evora.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I guess we'll always see. If I don't receive any interest in people selling for the next year or so, I can always increase my budget. But all of the evidence suggests 35-42K or so is a sweet spot for a well-kept, higher mileage NA Evora.
I think $45K is a solid start for an NA Evora. Below that, you're buying someone else's problems. I've recently been through the same purchase. Higher mileage could dip you into the low 40's - but, # of owners and maintenance history could be a concern. YMMV.

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think $45K is a solid start for an NA Evora. Below that, you're buying someone else's problems. I've recently been through the same purchase. Higher mileage could dip you into the low 40's - but, # of owners and maintenance history could be a concern. YMMV.
Thanks for your thoughts. I'd be willing to go to 45K for the right car. We'll have to see what's out there. I'd actually prefer higher mileage (relative to typical Lotus numbers) as I plan to daily drive it and as such would prefer a car that has been driven and sorted. That being said, I wouldn't mind a lower mileage car that has been well-maintained.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As Stirling Moss once said ... He who seeks will fine.

... and as fore the pic, I suppose one could add "not program' to today's world list of items a dude will not admit to ... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
463 Posts
Lowest Priced Evora on Ebay

Lowest Priced Evora on Cars.com

Lowest Priced Evora on Cargurus.com

Looks like the lowest is on the high end of your budget. Ive always ran into issues by searching "lowest price first".

I have seen some come up in the mid 30's before, but they have been slowly increasing. Just have to be ready to pull the trigger asap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lowest Priced Evora on Ebay

Lowest Priced Evora on Cars.com

Lowest Priced Evora on Cargurus.com

Looks like the lowest is on the high end of your budget. Ive always ran into issues by searching "lowest price first".

I have seen some come up in the mid 30's before, but they have been slowly increasing. Just have to be ready to pull the trigger asap.
Thanks for sending these. I appreciate the advice everyone is giving on my budget and what to expect.

I am very comfortable in what I'm asking to pay, and I'm confident I can find a good example in that price range if I wait long enough. I am in no rush and am willing to wait a year or two if need be. I have always found it most helpful to look at the prices for which cars have actually sold, rather than what the asking price is. In that way, I think the last 6 months of classified on this forum, recent results on national auction sites, and the local offers I have already encountered are most telling. Many of the Evoras I've seen listed at dealers have been for sale for > 6 months and are clearly not selling at the asking price. As an example, there is a dealer near where my family lives with a 2011 Evora NA for 55K$ that has been on the showroom floor for 2 years. My ideal car would be a 2011 Evora NA with 30-50K miles for 38K, and I think that's pretty fair.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
463 Posts
I would agree. Ive seen one for 33k pop up a few weeks ago, this was a NA 2011 I believe. Keep looking and it will come! :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
AutoTempest is good (if you dont know of it already). Down the bottom it lets you search all of craigslist.

Lowest on there is about 45k for a 2010 NA. They have gone up about 5k in the last year it seems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AutoTempest is good (if you dont know of it already). Down the bottom it lets you search all of craigslist.

Lowest on there is about 45k for a 2010 NA. They have gone up about 5k in the last year it seems.
I don't think they've gone up that much, based on what they've been selling for on here. Everything I see posted online has been for sale for quite some time, which tells me they're not actually selling for what people are asking so I'm happy to keep waiting. Everything is priced higher right now due to the used car bubble.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts