The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Eagerly searching for an Evora GT, manual transmission and carbon pack are a must!

Not really looking for a black or grey, the more vibrant the better.

I’d like to keep it between $70k - $90k, but willing to negotiate on a perfect fit. Not super concerned about mileage.

This is the perfect time to unload your Evora while waiting for your Emira :)

If anyone knows someone looking to get rid of one of these, or is trying to themself, let me know!!

EDIT: ok, 70k was maybe unrealistic for a GT 😅 if I can get what I’m looking for between 90-100k, I’d be thrilled.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
297 Posts
I don't think you're finding a GT for 70k unless it's been in an accident.

A 400 could be in your range possibly. But a carbon, colorful GT is a 120k car off the lot and there won't exactly be a lot of high mileage ones around.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts

A 400 could be in your range possibly. But a carbon, colorful GT is a 120k car off the lot and there won't exactly be a lot of high mileage ones around.
He did say 70-90. Some of the no frills might be had in that range but carbon pack???? I would think if Evora owners were migrating to Emira they would want to hold off till they got their new car with there being plenty of time left before they start hitting here. GLWS

Reactions: d1zk and 4380r

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yeah 70k was more like wishful thinking 😅 but I have seen some 2020s fitting my description with a few thousand miles going for 80k-90k. I could buy a brand new one for 110k-115k all day long. I’d prefer not to go that route, as I’m patient enough to wait for a deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He did say 70-90. Some of the no frills might be had in that range but carbon pack???? I would think if Evora owners were migrating to Emira they would want to hold off till they got their new car with there being plenty of time left before they start hitting here. GLWS
yeah I may be waiting a bit, but never know. All the big auction sites have one or two examples that fit my description over the last couple years.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
yeah I may be waiting a bit, but never know. All the big auction sites have one or two examples that fit my description over the last couple years.
Yes that was while they were being built. That all changed this year when production stopped. So only new ones are at port and in showrooms. Attrition has already started dwindling their numbers with accidents and deer encounters. At one time you could get hefty discounts new from dealers. No more maybe 5K now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that was while they were being built. That all changed this year when production stopped. So only new ones are at port and in showrooms. Attrition has already started dwindling their numbers with accidents and deer encounters. At one time you could get hefty discounts new from dealers. No more maybe 5K now.
Maybe this is out of the norm then, but this is from last month:

My range is flexible, I can go up higher than 90k. Guess I’m betting on the kindness of GT owners who want to see their baby end up in the hands of someone who will appreciate such a wonderful car as much as they have…

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
That would have been a good deal for you as it just squeaked in at your 90K. They will be offered more like I was saying once they have their replacement if going the Emira route. With the uncertainties with delivery time my bet is most will wait but then you should be able to find just what you're looking for. Many Evora owners have stated they're staying with their Evora rather than switch to the Emira.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The Leno signature devalued that car lol
That car sold for $86k plus fees - I assume min(5%, $5000) like BAT. But there are only ~500 GTs in the US so I would personally just find a car you like and pay a little more for it.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
That car sold for $86k plus fees - I assume min(5%, $5000) like BAT. But there are only ~500 GTs in the US so I would personally just find a car you like and pay a little more for it.
Actually 4.5% or 4500 max for them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow I didn’t realize that. Good catch. I may have to end up doing this 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
297 Posts
Doing the math on that listing, you can see it was sold new with almost two thousand miles. Given it being featured on the Jay Leno video (a great vid!) As well, this was definitely a demo car, and as such probably sold new for much less than a comparable Evora GT. Nothing wrong with a demo car necessarily, probably has a lot of the first year niggles sorted, but plenty of those demo miles were hard ones.

You could find demo cars for low 90s or high 80s from a dealer when I was looking 9 mos ago, not sure if any of those left now.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
I was seeing that as well. Notice how many call them "Executive Demos" No doubt marketing ploy to command higher price. Saw some well north of 100K but loaded.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The ones I was seeing were noncarbon, less optioned. But not every one of these type of cars may be listed on all the online services, sometimes just local dealer websites.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Executive demo isn’t necessarily a bad thing at all. I spoke to a dealer in Florida about an executive demo and they happily gave me the ECU dump, which showed that the car was babied. Ask for a dump if you’re looking at a demo, it may assuage your concerns and will still sell at a discount.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
68 Posts
You're going to be really hard pressed to find a GT with the carbon pack for under $100k, especially after taxes. There was a yellow one for sale out MB Thousand Oaks for $98k, 1500 miles, fully optioned. Looks like it's gone though.

Edit: There is the one that's been around for months - Burnyzz Llc.

They had it listed at $129k. You could probably talk them down as the MSRP on it was $120k, it's used, and it's been on their lot for months. Still I'd be surprised if they went under $108k or so.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
584 Posts
I remember a guy on here got a barely used one in the low 90's with carbon. There may be some that come up but now that we know more details on the Emira I don't think GT carbon owners are the ones likely to get into an Emira. They're different.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I remember a guy on here got a barely used one in the low 90's with carbon. There may be some that come up but now that we know more details on the Emira I don't think GT carbon owners are the ones likely to get into an Emira. They're different.
I got mine with 95 miles (6MT, carbon pack) for $93k in February.

I agree that GT owners are probably not looking to upgrade. Maybe 400 owners will though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.