The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all--

I am desperately looking to purchase a Lotus Racing Green Elise but British Racing Green would be okay too.

TAN INTERIOR is a must. I strongly prefer this color.

Would prefer if it came with hardtop and softop.

Low mileage preferred if possible but I can be flexible. (<15k)

Prefer if the car is mostly factory and no mods done to it. A few minor things would be okay e.g. replacing shift knob, or replacing factory stereo system.

I live in St. Louis, MO but depending on where the car is, I can either drive, or fly there to check it out and/or have it shipped to St. Louis. I am capable and willing to pay covered shipping fees.

NO cars with salvage titles, please.

Like I mentioned, I am a serious buyer and I can send a deposit. We can negotiate price via e-mail or phone. PM me for contact info. I just missed out on THREE of these cars because of people thinking I am not a serious buyer. I am very upset and I was looking forward to purchasing one before the end of the year as my boyfriend and I are selling our M3 and we need a new car.

Thank you,
-Kate

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
You may have more luck if you can broaden your search criteria a little, perhaps even just including black as an interior color. You can pretty easily find a set of door skins and seats in tan at some later date; they are often for sale or trade here.

Not sure why sellers don't think you're serious, given that you are willing to make a deposit sight unseen.

Will this be your only car? It's quite different from an M3 - which is a great car - as I'm sure you know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have more luck if you can broaden your search criteria a little, perhaps even just including black as an interior color. You can pretty easily find a set of door skins and seats in tan at some later date; they are often for sale or trade here.

Not sure why sellers don't think you're serious, given that you are willing to make a deposit sight unseen.

Will this be your only car? It's quite different from an M3 - which is a great car - as I'm sure you know.
No my daily driver is an 08 Forester. My BF drives the M3 but he needs to sell it. The Lotus is going to be his "daily driver" but that's not really 100% true because we basically just share the Subaru and I work during the day while he works at night. So if for some odd reason I happened to be using the Subaru while he needs to go to work, he'd just take the Lotus. But it wouldn't really be driven every day (although I'd love to.)

And I think it was a mixture of them not taking me seriously (maybe because I am young & female?) and other people beating me to the car. The most recent one was for sale by a dealership and it just happened that I found out about the car 1 day later than another guy and he was the one who bought it. The first guy who was going to sell me one PMed me on the forums here and he told me wasn't going to list it publically until Spring and we were going to make a deal. He randomly sold it to someone locally instead of selling it to me which thoroughly pissed me off but maybe he really needed the cash. Either way, it was a horrible experience as everything about his car was desirable for me apart from the mileage. It was a little higher mileage than I would have liked but it was in amazing shape otherwise. If someone wants to sell me what I am looking for but the mileage is higher, I'd expect the price to coincide with mileage.

I figure if I am about drop a ton of $$$$ on a car, I'd prefer it meet as much of my criteria as possible. One of the cars I missed out on had a red interior which I was entertaining at the time. I figured I could always swap interiors but I'd rather not have to do that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lrg elise

I have an 07 lotus racing green elise with tan interior in absolute beautiful condition. 25k miles on it. I'm located in nj. Ive just become disabled and entering and exiting this car is very painful. I have an Itg carbon fiber intake(400) and i just put on an arquay twin tip (900)muffler about a month ago. Also has brand new front tires. I can text you pics if youd like.
Dave

·
Registered
831 Posts
There's an LRG Elise for sale at at Auto Europe in Birmingham, Michigan. Low miles, high price.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Very nice choice of colors. I had black interior in mine. Wanted the tan ("biscuit" in the book, apparently).

I sold my black seats and door cards for about what bought my tan ones for. Just saying that interior color is pretty easy to change on these cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave: OK I will PM you about your car.

I saw the one for sale at AutoEurope but it has a red interior. Also the guy was extremely rude to me on the phone. I'd rather not buy it from him if possible, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am the owner of the green Elise at Auto Europe. Its on consignment with them, but I am willing and able to deal directly with a buyer. I apologize for any rudeness you may have experienced. Other than the red trim, my car appears to have what you are looking for. I can be reached at [email protected].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts