The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm interested in LSS rims, too!!! I'd prefer annodized ones to the new painted ones. Anyone want to sell, please give me a price. I could trade you my new SSRs as part of the deal, too. I just like the look of the LSS wheels despite the lightness of the SSRs.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Well I thought we may be able to accomodate but now it looks like no. I think my husband decided against it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'll be selling mine when my RS110s come in. We're probably going to measure my car next week at Champion, so I'll probably have a better idea of timing next week. Btw, mine are anodized.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I may be selling my LSS wheels when my elise comes in a couple months - the suspension is relatively cheap to buy the parts from your dealer and change yourself.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Graydon-you and I have exchanged PMs. Let me know if you want to sell.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
008-where are you located? Did you want a 2nd set of wheels, too, or not? I have base suspension wheels and SSRs right now. In any case I'm interested in buying your wheels, as long as they annodized.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm located in Miami, FL. I'll know more about what I want to do after next week. My original plan was just to get 2 sets of the RS110s, but then I decided I really liked the LSS wheels and would just keep them, but the more I think about it, I'll be running Rcomps on the street so it doesn't really make sense for me to have two sets of wheels. But like I said I'll know more next week and get back to you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Surferjer said:
Graydon-you and I have exchanged PMs. Let me know if you want to sell.
Will do Jer. Of course I won't have mine until late Feb/early March, and from the looks of it they'll be painted, not annodized. :(

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm not sure what my issue is with the painted wheels, but I just don't like the idea as much :(

·
Registered
513 Posts
Surferjer said:
I'm not sure what my issue is with the painted wheels, but I just don't like the idea as much :(
...and they simply don't look as good. The shine and sharpness of the annodized ones looked a lot better. Anyway, as someone else mentioned, it makes the decision to paint them black quite a bit easier (if I decide to keep them).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I was told that the reason for changing was that the anodized/forged wheels will stain if you aren't religious about keeping them clean. Once they stain, they are stained forever.

·
Registered
964 Posts
For your info.

There will be a few very nice and lighter(Than SSRs) fully forged wheels coming up on the market in Feb. 05. I have both SSRs and LSS wheels right now on my cars and standard wheels and tires just sitting in my garage. If I was you I will wait 'til next spring and choose from several different manufacture.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Sorry, Ara. You're right-I jumped your claim. If it helps, I've made no progress in getting the LSS rims. However, the SSRs look so sweet I'm feeling better about it all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts