The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Often having a quality owner is most important in shopping, I'd bet these fit that description. Not sure about the color beyond the implied "blackie" of the old Doc Bundy car.
I'm a fellow LOONY and friends with Tony V (owner of one of the two Elans referenced here), but have no 'interest' in either of these.

LotusOwners Lotus Owners of New York

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Try lotuselancentral.com

Don't get tied up on mileage, just make sure it has a recent belt.

I loved mine and if I were looking for one I would probably say the sweet spot around 50k miles. Makes sure it got used but probably not worn.

Bought mine with 55k not super well cared for, did a little paintwork and a few details and sold it with 110k and it pretty much looked the same

IOW, they do not wear as badly as an Elise.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
1 of 6 black, 99k mi., many extras: Wilwood brakes, short-throw shift kit, Everst chip, smooth intake with blow-off valve, rear strut tower brace. Refinished wheels, new Toyo Proxes R1R tires. LAST one built, Certificate of Provenance from Lotus, 17k.

. Contact Dan Miller. (440) 453-2898.

I have not seen Dan's in a number of years, but even with the miles, it is worth looking at. Black and all....

·
Registered
356 Posts
caution with ones being aggressively marketed (usually beat or needy). best ones are privately owned and not for sale.
Good luck! probably only 200 or 250 left roadworthy here in the states anymore...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts