The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you’re considering selling yours, get in touch and I’m happy to agree to a fair price. I can save you the hassle of listing privately and dealing with any buyers who aren’t serious and ready to go.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping for visibility -- I haven't seen any nationwide. Apparently 33 Magnetic Blue cars were imported for the 2006 model year.

I remember driving one of those units, with a biscuit interior and black touring wheels, back in Southern California in 2007. Believe it or not, it was a rental car from Enterprise's specialty collection at the time.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not '05? Aversion to throttle cables?
My credit union offered me a very low rate for this purchase, so I decided to take their low cost funds and put my cash elsewhere. But they'll only lend up to a 2006 Elise -- a 2005 model year car is too old.

BTW - nice garage! A V8 Vantage is a car I also have my eye on to add to my garage in a few years.

·
Less is Better
2,678 Posts
My credit union offered me a very low rate for this purchase, so I decided to take their low cost funds and put my cash elsewhere. But they'll only lend up to a 2006 Elise -- a 2005 model year car is too old.

BTW - nice garage! A V8 Vantage is a car I also have my eye on to add to my garage in a few years.
Good luck in your search, it's one of the best colors, but don't overlook nightfall either. The Vantage is an amazing car, but completely different from the Lotus. A little advice on the Vantage, never buy a newer Aston Martin, like other British exotics, they loose a painful amount of value very quickly.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck in your search, it's one of the best colors, but don't overlook nightfall either. The Vantage is an amazing car, but completely different from the Lotus. A little advice on the Vantage, never buy a newer Aston Martin, like other British exotics, they loose a painful amount of value very quickly.
Nightfall is also a beautiful color. Either blue looks fantastic on the Elise.

I agree with you that the V8V and Elise are different cars, both wonderful! I rented a V8 Vantage for a weekend to see how I'd like it and it was a blast. I figure by the time I'm ready for that one, the later cars '14/'15/etc. will have continued to depreciate and will probably be a reasonable buy then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts