The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm doing some mods to my car in the coming weeks. I was thinking while I'm at it, I might as well change the plastic grill pieces in the front clam shell to be like the Exige. Does anyone have any mesh grill parts I can buy/have? Prefer local, but shipping is fine too.

Please email me . My pm box is full as usual. :(

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I'm doing some mods to my car in the coming weeks. I was thinking while I'm at it, I might as well change the plastic grill pieces in the front clam shell to be like the Exige. Does anyone have any mesh grill parts I can buy/have? Prefer local, but shipping is fine too.

Please email me at [email protected] . My pm box is full as usual. :(

Thanks in advance.
Contact Alan (Serbo1) he had the conversion done to his car as I plan to do to my next Lotus as well. It looks awesome when done properly.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,430 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I custom made one for my car out of some chicken wire.
Do you want to make one for me too? ;) I'm not the crafty.

I did see some on Ebay. I can probably get it from the parts department in the worst case.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Do you want to make one for me too? ;) I'm not the crafty.

I did see some on Ebay. I can probably get it from the parts department in the worst case.

Definitely do not go with chicken wire. It looks bad up close. Only good from a distance. I'll take pics of my car.

You want something like what's on the Exige. Black, robust mesh. There's a couple websites that sell them, I thought.

BTW, have you put on the driving lights? They look really good and make you forget about the ugly plastic grilles.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely do not go with chicken wire. It looks bad up close. Only good from a distance. I'll take pics of my car.

You want something like what's on the Exige. Black, robust mesh. There's a couple websites that sell them, I thought.

BTW, have you put on the driving lights? They look really good and make you forget about the ugly plastic grilles.
I thought about driving lights a long time ago. Hasn't been a prioirty lately. The reason I want to replace the plastic grills is because one of them fell out. I have the piece on order, but I was thinking if I can find some mesh grills in a week I'll swap them out.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Are you going to do the rest of the car with mesh also, it might look odd if only the grill was done.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I checked out eliseusa.com. that price seems a bit high to me. anyone disagree?

also, they mention a weight - does anyone have an idea what the stock grills weigh?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you going to do the rest of the car with mesh also, it might look odd if only the grill was done.
Eventually. When I have more $$$. I'm doing my 30k service now and will probably need new tires & brakes. I'm also having my calipers painted. I'm sure this all won't be cheap. I need to pace myself. I could just charge everything, but I'd rather not.

also, they mention a weight - does anyone have an idea what the stock grills weigh?
+1 on price

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

To another question, no, it does not look odd if only the 3 front grills are changed to mesh while the others are not. I've done it and it looks fine, although I will eventually be going to all mesh. The thing to understand about the eliseusa center front grill is that it mounts FLUSH with the front contour of the car, not recessed as in the Exige. Take a close look at the pix they have on the site. I like it, but you may not. With the mesh out that far, you also cannot mount your folding Sector 111 tow hook if you have one. It is easy to pop out the mesh grill in case you actually have to actually tow the car.

Don't know the weight, but I can tell you the metal mesh feels a lot heavier than the stock plastic. That should be no surprise.

If one is that concerned about a few ounces, well, more power to you.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Let me know how it goes agent XXX I have a NFB elise too

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Eliseparts.com in the UK also sells a full black mesh S2 grill replacement set for $350 (British Pound) so it's approximately $750 US (not including shipping cost). I'm not sure of the quality, as I have not seen this product up close. Has anyone ordered & installed this on their car?

http://www.eliseparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=679
Those look much better than the eliseusa ones and are cheaper.

These look like the way to go. They even have the cutout for the towhook.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I like these, does anyone here have them installed?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts