The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm in the market for a new motor for my car. Ideally it would be:

-Low Mileage (like < 20k)
-Never been tracked/autocrossed
-Inexpensive

I'm willing to be flexible in any of those guidelines if the right motor comes up for sale at the right time. I am not in a huge rush, so if you anticipate having a motor in the next few months, let me know the details. PM's will probably work best. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't heard back from 4lotus so I still need one.

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: Alternate motor

Honda K20/K24 swap?!?

:)

Anton

As the title says, I'm in the market for a new motor for my car. Ideally it would be:

-Low Mileage (like < 20k)
-Never been tracked/autocrossed
-Inexpensive

I'm willing to be flexible in any of those guidelines if the right motor comes up for sale at the right time. I am not in a huge rush, so if you anticipate having a motor in the next few months, let me know the details. PM's will probably work best. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Just pick up a long block from MWR, cheap enough.....

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Nate: If you wind up buying a block from MWR; I live 10 minutes away from them....

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Did you end up getting a motor? If you are interested I have a friend with a super reliable low mileage built up NA motor with all the right mods that we will likely be taking out of his elise to replace with a stocker to comply with production LCUSA rules.

pm me with your phone and I will have him call you
Robb

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you end up getting a motor? If you are interested I have a friend with a super reliable low mileage built up NA motor with all the right mods that we will likely be taking out of his elise to replace with a stocker to comply with production LCUSA rules.

pm me with your phone and I will have him call you
Robb
PM'd

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
That sounds promising !

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com