The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a low mileage 06 CO elise with touring, stage II, star shield, in lotustalk typical owner condition (excellent)

Other options on top of above can be considered but not necessary.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still looking

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay after seeing some of the beautiful cars at Rob's get together in NJ if anyone has either a 06 CO or KG/magnolia let me know. I'd prefer if the car was within a few hours of NJ.

Cheers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cupholder is cool!!

It's so hard to find the right car. Every single one I have found within 8 hours has either had clam damage repaired, been a rental or the owner wanted to work out some funky payoff their Loan plan.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I told you, after a while of looking at Mike's car, you're gonna want that KG with Magnolia interior. It just grows on you in person.

Anyone wanna trade an AR/black for a KG/magnolia? Anyone?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright I've been looking for awhile and come close to a few deals but nothing has worked out so far.

Maybe I should list some specifics as to what I want:

1. If you are selling your car please have pictures. Digital cameras are very cheap now and it's a good investment. No I don't trust you when you say "I can't take pictures since I don't have a camera but trust me it's like new" -poke- - 2 potential purchases cancelled due to this issue.

2. You are trying to sell your car and you have a Lien. It is your job to call your bank and find out how much you owe, what paperwork needs to be filled out so that I can pay the bank off. No they will not give me this info even if I ask nicely. No I am not going to send you a check to pay off your lien, wait for you to get the title and then come pick up the car and pay off the balance. :wallbang: - 1 purchase cancelled due to this issue.

3. Don't have me drive 300 miles to check out a car, agree on the deal on a saturday and I tell you I will be back on monday with a cashiers check leaving a deposit with you. When I call you on monday that I am on the way, don't tell me you got a higher offer and are not selling to me. Making cashiers checks cost money!! :thwack: - 1 purchase cancelled due to this.

All I am looking for is a NO clam replaced/salvaged CO/KG 06 Elise with pictures, the seller having some idea about their car loan status within a 5-6 hour drive from NJ. :shrug:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats how purchasing cars goes, man. It can be a real bitch. If it goes smoothly usually theres a flaw that your not seeing. Keep an open mind, sooner or later, you will find your perfect car.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wow, you've gone thru a lot. I would never imagine it would be so hard to buy off a private seller. Especially a car like this. Maybe try some of the dealers with used elises. Might pay that extra $1000, but sounds like it might be worth it. If you talk to Paul or Robert at HRM (is he still working?) I'm sure they can search and find you one.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not found any 06 but have seen a few 05's. The reason I wanted an 06 were some warranty left and the LED taillights. Need some opinions if waiting for the right 06 is worth it or should I just go for an 05 :shrug:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Personally, I almost brought an 06 but went with an 05 because of color choice and the drive by wire. I just prefer the old throttle cabble. I like mechanical connections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts