The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help my friend who is doing a K20/24 swap into his Elise

I guess there was a guy who makes them but he got busy with life and has no time

So is there anyone else?

Does anyone have the pin outs to make one ourselves if no one is making these?

Any help would be appreciated

Darrin

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks for posting this Darrin. I suck at finding any info on people that actually still make a K24 harness for the federal Elise.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is different about the harness? I assume you can use a straight up stock K harness to connect the ECU. Does the "modified" harness integrate into the cockpit for the dash and OBD-II port?
Just one of the many questions I have. I know the stock ECU runs the fans, dash and such and wondering how they have handled those aspects

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Engine harness goes straight to the Honda ecu. You have to adapt the chassis harness to the Honda ecu including new relays etc
^That is what I need. I already have the factory K24 harness. Who still makes them?!

Dimitri had directed me toward Murray(WhatsaDSM) but he no longer makes because he had a kid and at $450 they weren't worth his time anymore. Understandable.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine harness goes straight to the Honda ecu. You have to adapt the chassis harness to the Honda ecu including new relays etc

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That is what I figured and what I am looking for. Does anyone make cables that adapts the Honda ECU to the factory harness? Schematics would be incredibly helpful if no one makes the adapter cables and relays

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Have yall seen this thread, specifically post #211?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/chronicle-honda-k-series-swap-98306/

Or you could contact WhatsADSM directly, he's even local (WI)
Jeff,

He has gotten busy with life and has no interest in making these. That's why I started helping Chris since the only person making these quit.

Hard to believe with all the swaps out there that no one else is making something or has the info they used to make their own

Chris's is a 05 so to me the ECU/dash is the only hard part in my eyes. I will piece together what ever info I can find and work on a schematic while on deployment. Doing a dual ECU like Radiums setup seems to make the most sense but in reality that may not be true

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
Thats disappointing. I tried! Maybe this person has some kind of documentation that would at least help figure out how to make a wiring harness?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Initially I planned the run Kpro because that seems to be the most common, but now if I'm doing a custom harness by myself, I might consider doing a complete ProEFI standalone. I just need more info on what people are using before I make the leap either way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts