The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a orange or yellow elise. Price range of $25-30k. As far as mileage is concerned would prefer nothing higher than mid-30's. Live in South Carolina but open to cars from all over. Please feel free to PM or email me at [email protected]

I've also been scouring Autotrader and a few other sites. Any other places that I should be looking for used cars?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted this on the Elise forum, but figured I'd copy it here in case some people don't check both. Thanks is advance:

Does anyone have any experience with the two cars below:

1) 2005 Saffron Yellow Elise, 34,000 miles out of Duluth, GA. Priced at $27,500. Found on Autotrader:
Cars for Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise in Duluth, GA 30096: Convertible Details - 317152432 - AutoTrader.com

2) 2007 Orange Elise, 15,000 miles out of Ann Arbor, MI. Priced at $33,900. Also found on Autotrader, have been keeping an eye on this one for a while, was originally listed for sale at $40,000. Anything to watch for on a Northern car?
Cars for Sale: 2007 Lotus Elise in Ann Arbor, MI 48103: Convertible Details - 317668465 - AutoTrader.com

Ultimately the higher miles on the first 2005 car doesn't bother me. 35,000 miles on a 7-8 year old car isn't out of line. I guess my question would be is it worth an extra $5k to buy the 07 with nicer seats, drive by wire, and maybe some other small improvements? Doesn't help that orange is my preferred color... Not opposed to buying a car long distance either, when we bought the 996 we flew up to Wisconsin to pick up and drive back. Made for a fun road trip! I'm open to any suggestions, opinions or helpful tips.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
no real difference in model years... nothing worth paying much for at least. the number one thing is condition and prep, and you would just have to inspect the car in person. these cars don't do well with unsympathetic owners... and can wear badly.

a car with some track day prep work would be an added bonus. as there are number of "good to do things" that should be covered there.

milage (with in reason) and age, M.Y., etc... are not major factors IMO. looking over the car in person is. i have seen some badly abused and disaster cars in person that looked 'perfect' in photos.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer but I our prefer to pick up something in better condition. I don't have the time to fix up a car.

Anyone know of other sites to check for used cars other than autotrader, cars.com, and eBay? Looked at the Global site as well but haven't seen any in the color options I want at a price I can afford.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2005 Saffron Yellow Elise

Copple - I bought a pristine 2005 Elise from a lotustalk regular in 2008 (i think). it now has less than 8000 miles on it. i did several modifications (Chuck Risen painted the valve covers, interior console, A/C Control Panel and Brake Handle). here is the link of the car that i bought from the seller (i found it in a search on this forum):

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/sold-2005-sy-elise-northern-va-56461/

I haven't posted on LT for several years, but I'm cleaning out my garage (actually it is sitting in my car trailer as one car is leaving next week). The Elise has been garage kept and never seen the rain. The original owner was very meticulous and I am too. It's in the same condition as when i bought it except for the paint mods, a top speed exhaust and a mod to the air intake (which really makes the engine sound great). Never been tracked or run hard.

I just bought a Panamera (and have a Ferrari, Viper, SLK and an H2), so I just don't have the time to play around with the Elise much at all. (I am a typical Elise Owner - male, 54 and getting too old to get in and out!) If the price is right, i may sell. Let me know if you're interested and i can take some pix this weekend. Will be looking for $32k or so. Regards, syd

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you send some pics to ccopple @ gmail.com

I may be interested. Price is a little more than I wanted to spend buy seems like a nice car to consider.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right here on LT is probably your best bet as far as finding these cars. I waited for 2 or 3 months before I got my orange one. Wait for the right one and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2005 Elise

Copple - let me give her a bath from the winter this weekend and i'll take some pics and email them to you. It has the hardtop with cover, soft top with bag,, Lotus custom car cover with its bag, owner's manual, both sets of original keys with key fobs, the radio passkey and code and a few other items that the original owner gave me.

The only thing i had to do in the almost 4 years that i owned it was to replace the battery. The Optima Red Top went dead on me and i just got a regular battery. The car runs strong. I just drove it home today so I can wash it this weekend. The mileage is less than 7400 miles.

She runs well, pulls strong and sounds good. Whoever ends up with it will certainly have a like new car and a lot of fun.

I'll be back with you over the weekend. thanks for your interest. syd

·
Registered
277 Posts
Posted this on the Elise forum, but figured I'd copy it here in case some people don't check both. Thanks is advance:

2) 2007 Orange Elise, 15,000 miles out of Ann Arbor, MI. Priced at $33,900. Also found on Autotrader, have been keeping an eye on this one for a while, was originally listed for sale at $40,000. Anything to watch for on a Northern car?
Cars for Sale: 2007 Lotus Elise in Ann Arbor, MI 48103: Convertible Details - 317668465 - AutoTrader.com
I think this one might be sold. Either that or someone was test driving it and waved at me while I passed them on the road.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the orange one sold. Sounded like a pretty nice car and was actually taking with the dealer about purchasing. A forum member went and looked it over for me too (great online community!). Knew someone else was looking and they beat me to it. Still on the hunt for a nice orange/yellow one. May consider something in the low $30's if it's the right car. No problem waiting for the one I want. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know this car:

2008 Lotus Elise Roadster Convertible for Sale in Dublin, OH 43017

2008 Yellow Elise found on the Global Auto site. Wondering if it would be better to spend a little more money for a newer model with nicer seats and somewhat upgraded interior.

Still a neophyte when it comes to the Elise, know just enough to be dangerous so I'm open to any suggestions or tips from the community.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts