The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackwatch might have some. Those Penske's are awesome.
Yes, Fred does have it but the price now is like $5k. Back in 05 or 06 it was like $3.5k only. Therefore I am looking for a used set now to replace my ohlins.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yikes!

A few F1 teams are using Penske.

Maybe get a free set if you buy a Saturn.

or

Buy four shocks and get a free Saturn automobile.

:shrug:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm selling my set of Blackwatch Penske's. I'll upload pics tomorrow, you can email me at John at wurthmotorsports.com if I should zone out and forget or anything. Salient notes: about 4k track miles on the dampers. No accidents. Pressures were fine when they were removed, but that was in January, and they've just been sitting in a box in my garage since then. Ok, more tomorrow.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry for the delay; I ended up, by surprise, not working in the office yesterday, so I couldn't post photos until today. I also got PMs and emails from some people about these. The answer is I don't know what they're worth, so it's hard for me to price them. I'm thinking of putting them on Ebay, but certainly the first person to PM or email me who wants them for $3100, they're yours. Verified Paypal, please. If that's too rich, I'll probably just put them on Ebay to find the price. And to the poster who mentioned these were $3500 originally, I think there were some Penskes from Blackwatch for that, without springs, but I don't think they were the same dampers. I know these were something like $4500 from Blackwatch. These are the SCCA DAs with (non SCCA stock legal) springs chosen by Blackwatch, and they're fantastic.

The threads on the body look rough in this picture, but it's just he anodizing being rubbed off by the spring; they're not actually being machined away by the spring, as it appears in this photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts