The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Persian Blue Exige S240. My only real criteria is that the car absolutely cannot have any paintwork (alright, maybe the splitter is okay) or accident history. Otherwise I'm open to just about any variation of mileage, options, modifications, location, etc. as long as it's still street legal :)

I'm located in northern CA but am open to buying a car anywhere in the US and shipping it. Willing to pay market price.

Picture of my old Persian Blue S240 that I never should have sold:

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
You're right never should have sold especially considering the total number of 240's in US and then narrowing down to Persian Blue with no paint work. Almost unicorn status. GLWS!

Reactions: kcdedric

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I know I'm searching in a pool of about a dozen or so cars, maybe less, so it'll definitely take some luck and patience. I had to scratch a certain GT3 itch :rolleyes:

·
2006 Exige
819 Posts
There were 16 Persian Blue 2008 S240's for North America. It was the 3rd most popular color. I don't think they made Exiges in Persian Blue in any other year.

You might get lucky.

I've driven one and I've seen another here in Arizona (a long time ago though).

It'll feel like you're home when you finally get to sit in your Exige again!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The VIN on my old car was SCCWC11168HL80441. Would be pretty cool if I had a chance to buy it again! The guy I sold it to in 2015 ended up selling it to a dealer within a few weeks of ownership. Then I think it spent some time in AZ, TX, and I believe it's in WA now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you can’t find it, maybe you can buy and wrap one of the other 200 or so US spec S240’s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It was a great start to the day, sunshine windows down - cruised there with a really great neighbor and his Z06 Vette:

View attachment 1284230

Met Entropy240, JDA04,tonydim7. Apologies to others I miss mentioning. It was a blast!
View attachment 1284231

View attachment 1284232

View attachment 1284233

View attachment 1284234

Other rides showed up to add to the fun:

View attachment 1284235

This sweet Elise is sporting the Difflow Railer Jr and other sweet mods. Owner showed me her mod book and I cannot post all the nice things under the skin of this Elise, its classified. I love it.

View attachment 1284236 View attachment 1284237

View attachment 1284238
View attachment 1284239

Then there is the Persian Blue S240 in these images from a cars and coffee event last Sunday. I met the owner and his level of passion and excitement about his car leads me to think he is not a seller.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it’s not improving my odds any, but it sure is interesting learning about the Persian Blue cars out there. The LT community is awesome.

·
Registered
2006 Exige w/ Cup255 SC/IC
46 Posts
Dang, Persian Blue looks like a nice in-between Laser Blue & Nightfall Blue that I just picked up. Would love to see all the blues next to each other, within the same photo for comparison sake.

·
2006 Exige
819 Posts
Ah, what I wouldn't give to be back at SoW in a Persian Blue Exige...

Now that I see that pic, it looks like you might have the Stellacorse wheels on there? If yes, that is probably the car I drove in Arizona. That specific S240 had the best shifter feel out of any Elise/Exige I've driven (~10). I think it was the inokinetic shift cables that helped the most.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that I see that pic, it looks like you might have the Stellacorse wheels on there? If yes, that is probably the car I drove in Arizona. That specific S240 had the best shifter feel out of any Elise/Exige I've driven (~10). I think it was the inokinetic shift cables that helped the most.
It sounds like it could've been my old car if the 2015/16 timeline fits when you drove it. I know those wheels are rare! It did have the Sector111 Transcables package along with a bunch of other high-end upgrades.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good luck on your search! What's ur budget? Also, did the GT3 not do it for you...? it would be interesting to hear some backstory or comparison which leads you back to Lotus.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck on your search! What's ur budget? Also, did the GT3 not do it for you...? it would be interesting to hear some backstory or comparison which leads you back to Lotus.
Thanks! Budget is essentially whatever it needs to be depending on the car. I'm thinking it'll take somewhere around $65K, but trust me when I say I won't let the car get away from me over a few thousand bucks.

I had a 996 GT3. It was a great car don't get me wrong, but the speeds that it required to have a little fun just were nowhere near appropriate for anything but the track. Even on track I still missed the mechanical connection I felt with the Exige. The Exige always made me feel like the racecar driver I wanted to be as a kid. The GT3 was always a bit too practical for what I really craved. Another reason I sold the GT3 was to put some funds towards buying a house. Not long after I picked up an E90 M3 in Lemans Blue as a weekend car because I've always admired the engine, but most of the time when I drive it I think about how I'd rather be back in an Exige. I may end up keeping the M3 if/when I find the right Exige, but my gut says it probably won't get driven a whole lot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Response to the title:

Doesn't everyone?
I think the market is stronger now for sure. When I sold my last one it was on the market for about 3 months and I ended up selling it for $7K less than my original ask.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts