The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am new to lotustalk and loving the site. I own a 05' elise and work at a body shop. Recently a guy came by and saw my elise. We got to talking and he told me he has one too and had a little 'mishap' while driving his. I guess he didn't have insurance :huh: so he wants the car repaired and is now having to pay cash out of pocket. No insurance = stupid, I know. Nevertheless, he only has so much cash so I thought I would look on here for parts since cost is an issue. I already got him a clam and a few other things. Here's an updated parts list of what I still need:
  • Soft Top
  • Stock Rear Diffuser
  • Passenger side Oil cooler
  • Rear Aluminum Undershield Panel (the one with NACA Vents)
Feel free to email or PM me.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to lotustalk and loving the site. I own a 05' elise and work at a body shop. Recently a guy came by and saw my elise. We got to talking and he told me he has one too and had a little 'mishap' while driving his. I guess he didn't have insurance :huh: so he wants the car repaired and is now having to pay cash out of pocket. No insurance = stupid, I know. Nevertheless, he only has so much cash so I thought I would look on here for parts since cost is an issue. I already got him a clam and a few other things. Here's a parts list of what I still need:
  • Radiator
  • Stock Rear Diffuser
  • Oil Coolers (left and right)
  • Front Turn Signals (left and right)
  • Front Aluminum Undershield Panel
  • Rear Aluminum Undershield Panel
  • Windshield
And if anyone has these parts (which I doubt)
  • Good front crash structure
  • Radiator Housing (goes above crash structure)
Feel free to email or PM me.
there is a lotus recycler in sacramento, might be his best best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called out there for him already. They didn't have hardly anything left. They have three elises and all three are stripped down and picked over to the core.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
sounds like someone is rebuilding a salvage title.....

also, try Ebay for parts...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found most of what I originally asked for. Please check my post as I have updated what I am looking for.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You can't re-use the fiberglass crash structure. It is bonded to the chassis, and has to be cut up to remove it - the crash structure fits into a recess and you can't get access to just cut the bonding. You are going to have to buy a new one - you shouldn't try to repair one either as it will change the way in which it deforms/cracks in a crash, canceling any crash protection it provides.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You can't re-use the fiberglass crash structure. It is bonded to the chassis, and has to be cut up to remove it - the crash structure fits into a recess and you can't get access to just cut the bonding. You are going to have to buy a new one - you shouldn't try to repair one either as it will change the way in which it deforms/cracks in a crash, canceling any crash protection it provides.
Tim, I hate to say you are wrong, but I got mine off today. Undamaged, but what a pain in the ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts